Flying Free.

Flying Free.

A Poem by KendraKcK

My shaking hand reaches for yours, sweaty palms clutch together. 
In this moment of divinity, we will see more than one unbearable truths turn false. Your mother's eyes, my father's nose; we are not who we thought we were. 
Wings burst through flesh, dismantled. 
Destroy and rebuild. 
A panoramic view of infinity stretched out all around us. Shadows fall, the light beckoning, calls. 
My eyes turn to the sun. They gleam and sparkle with mischief and excitement. You call my name as you take the last step and fall. Gone as warmth is gone in winter. 
A magic trick reversed, and you reappear. Wings steady, your calm regained. 
A motion of your hand, come. Looking over the edge, my attitude of being fearless leaves me and I can not get a breath. Take my hands? Teach me? 
A gentle pull and the world is rushing past. Descending too fast to be expected. 
I forget about the wings, I forget about the excitement. 
You do not lose yourself as quickly and whisper in my ear. Teaching me. Leading me away from finality. 
With a surge of power, I stop falling. 
And with your hand in mine, I am flying. 
Flying with freedom towards the light that has been calling us for eternity.

© 2014 KendraKcK


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on March 16, 2014
Last Updated on March 16, 2014

Author

KendraKcK
KendraKcK

Dassel, MN



About
23. Interests in psychology, children, books, and anything that provide me with knowledge. Art. Movies, TV shows. Nerdy things. more..

Writing
The Falling The Falling

A Story by KendraKcK