Haven

Haven

A Story by Kelsey Desmond
"

Tears are all you need to create a haven.

"

 

Lanclose leaped into the gas tank. The hunters were following. The place reeked out the odd smelling liquid, but at least she was alive. The original owners of this planet were out to get her. Earth didn't know there was someone else. But there was. And they could be very deadly. Lanclose, for all she new, was the last of the surviving humans. She just had to stay that way. 

 

"She's over here!" Someone scream. As they ran passed Lanclose, some of their own kind fell behind. They ran over their heads and carried on with the mission. Their mission to achieve revenge on the humans that once inhabited their land. By wiping out their whole species. Some of the aliens on the grown called out for help. But the running ones didn't listen. The leader at the head of the pack, called for them to be quiet. But no one listened. They were in too much pain.

 

Lanclose breathed deeply. He silently prayed to the God the humans once thought they had. 

 

"They're out to get us," a deep-voice said. Lanclose jumped back. "Hedin. I'm Hedin."

 

"Yes. They are out to get us," Lanclose's sweet sounding voice echoed through the gas tank. She flung her hand over her mouth to prevent any more sound.  

 

"Don't worry. These things are air tight. No sound is let out. No one can hear us."

 

"Hedin. I'm Lanclose."

 

Hedin smiled and started a quick laugh. But this was no time for laughter. "Here." Hedin reached through to open the tank a little. "The only ones left are the misfortunate ones the fell behind. Wanna ditch this smell?"

 

"No. I want safety. And this is safety."

 

"This is where they'll find you. You have to go in places they have already checked. Like that field." Hedin pointed past all the fire and brimstone. The polluted air. The destroyed planet. "They checked everywhere in there. And it was too hard for them. They'll never do it again."

 

"And they ran right passed this. I'm safe."

 

"But when they come back, they'll know they never checked it. They'll search like crazy around these things."

 

Lanclose had to admit, he did have a point. "Fine. But run."

 

"Ok. I will." Lanclose scurried out of the tank and ran as fast as she could to the field. She hid behind the towered levels of grass that was never cut. No beauty while there is a fight. Hedin soon followed. They both were on their stomachs. They looked up at the red sky. Black clouds lined it, and they knew if the aliens didn't kill them, suicide would. 

 

Lanclose spoke. "I know we're here to hold on the life. But don't you just want to end this."

 

"No."

 

"You like to fight?"

 

"It gets me up in the morning," Hedin shrugged. "That and hope."

 

"There's no hope for me," Lanclose said, moving forward n her elbows. The field was wet and muddy. The one pair of clothes she had--a torn up t-shirt that shown part of her b**b and shorts that were too tight--got dirty ever day. She never had a shower in her life, and her hair, she cut with a dull, rusty knife every once in a while. Now, she had cut it about a week ago. It was short and barely flopped over her ears. 

 

Hedin soon followed. He trailed her even though they were both extremely gifted runners. The grasses rustled as they moved passed them. The last of the fallen-behind hunters screamed out and Lanclose almost went back to take him from his misery. But she hesitated, and moved on. 

 

Lanclose and Hedin were at a new end of the field when the orange sun rose. It was dim and didn't do much good to separate day and night. 

 

"I miss the sunset," Hedin said. 

 

"I never saw it in my life. I was never alive when it mattered."

 

Lanclose was about thirteen. Hedin was forty-three. They had age difference. They were both gorgeous for their age. All they had to do was have another person to compare to. 

 

"Where's your mother, child?" Hedin asked.

 

"Died."

 

"In child labor?"

 

"By the hunters."

 

"Oh. My mom in child labor. But that was a long time ago."

 

"I can see." Lanclose was referring to the mounds of winkles that lined Hedin's forehead. 

 

"Move it."

 

So she did. And the sun had set before they reached another haven. This haven was an abandoned home. "Nostalgia," she Hedin.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

"I have nostalgia with this place. It looks like mine. My old one."

 

"I wish I had a place now."

 

Hedin laughed again. He had a problem with that. He thought thirteen-year-olds were so cute. 

 

"Shut up."

 

"Will do."

 

They searched through the house. No one was in site. Not even a house mouse. "We're safe." But neither Hedin nor Lanclose said this. They zoomed around to find an alien holding a weapon up. It was a knife like the one Lanclose used to cut her hair. Just sharp and shiny. He flung it at Lanclose, but Hedin then pushed himself in front of her, and his heart was struck. 

 

"No!" Lanclose yelped. She started to cry over him, while the hunter rejoiced. But like she said, if the hunters didn't kill her, suicide would. So that's what she did. She grabbed the knife and tried to admire it before she struck it into her own heart. The hunter felt even happier with this. 

 

Lanclose's soul floated up. She saw what she thought never existed. Heaven. But as she looked for Hedin, she took a glance down at Earth. Hedin stood up and fought back. I guess everyone got what they wanted. Lanclose thought. I died. Found a permanent heaven. And Hedin got to fight back. Sometimes that's all we need. 

 

© 2009 Kelsey Desmond


Author's Note

Kelsey Desmond
This one has kinda a happy ending. But is that okay? I'm not good with happy endings...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=|>
And mind the grammar and spelling errors. Please don't include them in you comments.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your imagination in this.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Good job. Spelling problems first, they are in systematic order:
The hunters were folowing. needs double l's in following.
The place reaked... needs e not a in reeked.
He just had to stay that was. Last word should be way not was.
They rna over their... Should be ran not rna.
Some of the aliens on the grown... Should be ground.
Yo have to go in places... should be you not yo.
They looked uo at the red sky. Should be up not uo.
"There's no hope for me," Lanclosesaid, mocing forward n her elbows. Needs space in Lanclose and said, mocing should be moving, on not n.
The fiedl was wet and muddy. Should be field.
got dirty ever day. every not ever.
The grasses russled as they moved passed them. Moved past not passed.

Good job, I couldn't concentrate on the story whith the spelling so I ignored the authors note. Please take note of thse and it should be a good story.

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 15, 2009
Last Updated on April 15, 2009

Author

Kelsey Desmond
Kelsey Desmond

Mandeville, LA



About
Hey, dudes! Kelsey here! Sevies are awesome and I'm a proud thirteen-year-old! :) My posie's down in New Orleans, Louisiana! I love Musical Theatre (hehe NOCCA is amahzing!) Facebook and Gmail are my .. more..

Writing