Prayer-PREFACE

Prayer-PREFACE

A Chapter by Kelsey Desmond
"

Preface to my book "Chic."

"

 Reynold Darlen lay over the silk bed his wife had just died on. The tears stained the fabric. Clara, the young girl that was his daughter, stood outside the room, ready to come in when advised.

The baby and the mother had died, so the captain, Reynold, silently prayed.

"Dear my Lord,"  he whispered. " I loved these two. Both Misten Darlen ad the unnamed child inside her. Why do you deceive me? What shall I do? This pain hurts too much, my Lord. And I know that you know best...but...this was my family! What can I do to never have this pain again? Stop loving? I don't think I could do that. But could I do it for someone else?"

His prayers were interrupted when the four-year-old, Clara, walked in. One of the servants, Anise, had let her in. Cpt. Darlen--startled--stood up quickly, trying to hid his fear and sadness. As Clara said goodbye to the mother she had not known as well as she had hoped, Master Darlen couldn't help but think those last few words.

 

But could I do it for someone else?



© 2009 Kelsey Desmond


Author's Note

Kelsey Desmond
I have had some feedback saying to leave out the first paragraph. Do you have a comment on that issue?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that it works either way with the first paragraph.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think it is good, I looked at the first paagraph and frankly I think it would look good with or without it, Good start.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 9, 2009


Author

Kelsey Desmond
Kelsey Desmond

Mandeville, LA



About
Hey, dudes! Kelsey here! Sevies are awesome and I'm a proud thirteen-year-old! :) My posie's down in New Orleans, Louisiana! I love Musical Theatre (hehe NOCCA is amahzing!) Facebook and Gmail are my .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..