A walk through Hell

A walk through Hell

A Story by Katie Heffner
"

mirror mirror on the wall, you don't mean that much to me after all.

"

    Once upon a time there was a girl, and Her only wish was to be free and loved. Her life wasn't easy. She was no longer communicating with her Father because he decided Alcohol was more important than his own daughter. Her Mother? She was there, she lived with her. She never told her mom anything because she was terrified of judgment. Her only escape from her life she hated was having her headphones in and reading. She dreamed of changing the world with her inspirational writing and traveling the world speaking to people who needed a ray of hope.

    One day, she saw online that someone was trying to kill themselves because the pain cut too deep this time. She did everything she could to stop them, but her best wasn't enough. The girl ended up in the hospital and her stomach had to be pumped. She sat on the floor crying and praying for a miracle that the girl would make it,and she didn't even know who she was. That night changed her life. Ever since that night, she would always look on hashtags about suicide, or self-harm so she could try and help people become happy, but the more she looked, the more she became depressed.

    One day she looked into the mirror and cried because she wasn't satisfied with her reflection. She thought no one could ever love her for who she was. She was becoming so self-conscious and she was having anxiety. One day she came home and cried because someone at school called her fat. For the first time, she got the blade and ripped open her skin, over and over until she was shaking with fear. She was scared because she didn't know what would happen to her. How could everything fall apart so quickly. In less than two months she wouldn't even come out of her room unless she was forced. Sooner she started cutting on a regular basis and because starving herself. All she wanted was to be happy; but happiness felt so far away from where she was

   It was four months into her depression and she finally hit rock bottom. Her hips, wrists, thighs were covered in scars. She wanted to leave this world and never return, so one night, she decided it was over. She took 12 sleeping pills and fell asleep hoping never to wake up.

   The walls were white, and the heart monitor was beeping. She was awake, in the hospital. Her mothers came rushing over to her "why didn't you tell someone?" she asks grabbing her hand with tears forming in her eyes. "I didn't know what to say." she confesses. "You could've told me you needed help. Look at yourself, sweetie; you're lying in a hospital bed with scars on your wrists." she cries. She looks down at her wrists and realization hits her. She begins to cry and says "I don't want to be like this anymore, I just want to be happy." She sobs into her mother. Her mother kisses her head and says "Don't worry."

   Three long months later, she found herself laughing and smiling once again. She was no longer depressed or suicidal. She loved herself just the way she was. She was in the process of writing her first novel. In the Summer, she was traveling to Switzerland to meet with a group of teens who went through the same issues she dealt with. One day her mother came into her room and asked her a question. "Would you change anything?" and she smiles and says "No, because I wouldn't be living out my dream." Her mother smiles and hugs her tightly. The End.

   So, if you're going through a tough time and you want to give up; don't. You are beautiful just the way you are and you can overcome anything. Sometimes you have to walk through hell before you can pursue your dream. Stay Strong, and take care.

  

© 2014 Katie Heffner


Author's Note

Katie Heffner
Please ignore some of my grammar mistakes, this is my first story. But, what do you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this! I love how it shows that you really can overcome whatever pain you experience if you simply don't give up, and you go get help. Good job, Katie!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katie Heffner

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Seth!
Seth Armstrong

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome!
"Sometimes you have to walk through hell before you can pursue your dream" I just love this part of your poem! Great Job Katie!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Katie Heffner

10 Years Ago

wow, thank you so much :-)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 16, 2014
Last Updated on March 16, 2014

Author

Katie Heffner
Katie Heffner

Kannapolis, NC



About
I am just another human like you, pursuing my dream of being a Young Author. :-) more..


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..