the gym

the gym

A Story by katey_patatey
"

a horror setting if you will

"

 

 The top of the building was hidden by clouds but then again it was a floating building. To get into the building there was a teleportation port in which one would step inside and be placed directly inside the finely tuned building. The halls of the building were translucent but as you walked by them they showed your fears taking over it was all quite unsettling. Each hall analyze a different part of the brain picking out it’s weaknesses and using them to display images on the screen. By the time someone made it to their destination they was an anxious mess. It started off as a way to control the growing weight problem in the universe by showing horrifying images from inside the brain that obese people would be motivated to move as quickly as possible to get out of that hall that when they finally passed through the building and back to their housing quarters they would have had an intense work out. But the system was flawed many of the obese people already having low self esteems about their bodies developed mental disorders now the building is now used as a psychiatric care unit. The nurses are required to wear special glasses while walking through the hall so not to be affected by the walls which even despite the efforts of top engineers the walls can not be turned off. Some thought had gone into just shutting the building down and leaving it in the sky but, so much money had gone to building it that they had to keep it running with something. The nurses on the inside started noticing that while walking through the hallways with the glasses on that they were starting to feel affects from the walls in their heads. They would talk about it on brake “It’s getting stronger” “I think it’s feeding off the brain waves” the paranoia grew spreading through out the wards. The build in the sky’s teleportation device suddenly only received new people not take them back down .

© 2009 katey_patatey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

this was good

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2009

Author

katey_patatey
katey_patatey

charlestown, RI



About
hello world I love you and I love writing and knitting among other things that is all signing off. more..

Writing
plushy you plushy you

A Screenplay by katey_patatey


walking walking

A Story by katey_patatey