walking

walking

A Story by katey_patatey
"

a account written in second person about how a girl relieves stress

"

You walk alone down the roads you’re buttoned up tight its freezing cold outside it’s about 2 below zero. You shake uncontrollably music from your CD player blasts in your ears. You choose your steps carefully you live on a private roads so no one plows it no one sands it so the road is completely I iced over. You’re cold but there’s this hot anger that’s keeping you from turning around and running back in the house for warmth. School was canceled and you needed to work on a project that was due tomorrow. Stuck at home you had decided that you would try to sleep in and relax but your mom came screaming up the stair at your little brother at six in the morning about not putting away his laundry. So there went that plan you had gone down stair to eat breakfast to notice that the power was out which was making your mom b***h even more about not being able to do anything around the house. Your sister tells her that she should call the electric company and tell them. Your mothers anger sky rockets then saying “WHY DON’T YOU F*****G CALL THEM!” This in turn wakes your dad up that probably has a massive hang over from the night before talking through the movie you were watching and being an arrogant D- bag. You go up stairs again to your room to block out every one but it was no use. You hear you mother yell that nobody  is leaving the house to day because the roads are to icy to drive on ‘Great’ you think ‘there goes another escape plan’ you would have gone to your boy friends house for the day to get away form the bedlam but now your stuck here. You figure just for good measure you’ll call your boyfriend you pick up the phone and dial you boyfriends step dad picks up and informs you that your boyfriend is snowed in at his cousin’s house and he probably wouldn’t be home for another day or two.

Okay now you’re fuming you haven’t talked to your boyfriend in four days and he didn’t even have the decency to call you and tell that he wouldn’t be home and now you couldn’t call his cell phone because he didn’t have any minutes. You walked back down the stairs pissed you mom sees you “shouldn’t you be working on getting into a college.” She’s been saying this for weeks you filled out the applications this past weekend you wrote the essays and she still wasn’t listening to you. “ no I finished” you reply. You walk back up stairs you put on some warm clothes some leggings then a pair of pants to go over them, a tank top at tee- shirt, a long sleeve shirt and a sweat shirt you pick up your CD player up off the floor contemplating who in your family you want to strangle first. You hate snow days your family does not get along at all when cooped up together. You put your hat over your headphone. You put on boots and your coat go back down the stair announce that you’re going  for a walk you’re mother tells you to be careful cars might not be able to see you ‘yeah they won’t be able to see the big thing in all black against the white.’ You think sarcastically. You walk out the door and now you’re here walking waiting for yourself to calm down waiting for it to kick in. you go down the hill and your out of sight of your house, your body is warming up, you bob to the music, then you start to run. Run up the next hill past the houses and you begin to smile as the air fills your lungs you heads clears and everything is lighter. Then the music stopped the CD skipped from being jostled around in your sweatshirt pocket. You walk again feeling better walk to the end of the road and turn around walk back towards home but you know in your heart your not ready you go suddenly go down another street you don’t want to go home yet so you keep walking you continue smiling it turns in to a laugh that you can’t contain you stretch your arms out looking to the sky feeling the energy flow through you. I feel good no you stop your self you feel great you feel like you’re alive again like part of you had been dormant since summer time is being reawakened. Now you can solve anything that’s thrown at you. Now you turn to go home again this time your ready this time you can face the day. Now you're alive.

 

© 2009 katey_patatey


Author's Note

katey_patatey
please ignore horrible grammar i know i need to work on it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

that was nice i loved that u used are spelling words to help write it lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


this was really good twin

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
2 Reviews
Added on February 11, 2009

Author

katey_patatey
katey_patatey

charlestown, RI



About
hello world I love you and I love writing and knitting among other things that is all signing off. more..

Writing
the gym the gym

A Story by katey_patatey


plushy you plushy you

A Screenplay by katey_patatey