The Girl in the Mirror

The Girl in the Mirror

A Story by Kasey M.C.
"

"The mirror speaks the truth but look closely or you just might miss it." She disappears from beside me.

"
The Girl in the Mirror
By: Kasey Christopher


As I'm sprinting through an open field of grass, with the wind blowing my long, dark brown, bouncy hair and my long, light green dress that flows in the back of me.

I start to think to myself; Why am I running? What and who am I running from? What's wrong with me? Why am I acting this way? What am I worrying about?

While I'm dashing more faster through the open field, these thoughts in my head begins to come rather quickly to me.

Why am I still rushing? Why am I here? Who am I? Am I a bad person? Why am I so lonely? What am I afraid of? What and who am I still running from? Why am I still acting like this way? What's wrong with me? Am I happy? When is this going to end?

Those were the questions rushing through my head as I'm still speeding. It was than when I had realized that there's a long, clear mirror on the left side of me.

Somehow, I hear this angelic but stern voice, "Stop running, you are going nowhere," I instantly stop and she appears beside me looking at the mirror. It's the familiar blonde hair woman that I've been seeing here lately.

She's absolutely right about one thing that I'm going nowhere from running. Why is she here? Why am I here? Why are we both here?

I look at my reflection in the mirror, but this mirror holds so much more then just my reflection. It holds my perfections, my flaws, my mistakes, my glories, my emotions, my enemies, my monsters, and my battles but most importantly it holds everything that makes me a human.

Are my eyes deceiving me? How could this be? How is this happening? Why is this happening to me? What's wrong with her showing me this?

The perfections and flaws that lies on my bare skin, these mistakes that I make from past to present, the glories that I have accomplish from time to time, these emotions that builds up over the years, the enemies that I have to face, my monsters inside of me from believing my childhood nightmares, and the battles from within myself and the people who face me as their enemy all on each section of this long piece of mirror.

"This mirror speaks the truth but look closely or you just might miss it." She disappears from beside me.

To Be Continue…….

© 2016 Kasey M.C.


Author's Note

Kasey M.C.
Please tell me what you think about this? If you want more? I did some editing and just tell me what you think now.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I look forward to seeing where you go with this. I did feel like she asked a lot of questions and that maybe you could've described more on what was causing her to question so much instead of just asking the questions. (Hmmm, does that make sense? Lol) I do really enjoy the concept. I am curious to find out where the things she sees in the mirror leads her.

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

There's a few bumps.
Nothing major, really.

You wrote, 'As I'm running -more- -faster-' . There's really no need for both more, and faster. Both serve to enhance the 'Fast'.

Other then that, the word Run, Running appears eleven times in your writing. It's a tad too much. Try replacing some with things that are different,

Rushing, Dashing, Sprinting, Jogging, Escaping etc...

The meaning behind your story is deep and painful.
An ocean of doubts, and hesitations that really break up a person's resolve.
Keep on writing, I have no doubt you'll get much better.

I hope my review was helpful.


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for that great tip and I never thought of using those other words for running. Thank you!
i think that this is something like somebody who is tired of life, maybe due to some bad reasons, and has lost the courage to stand up to the further circumstances is running away from the life. running into the infinite, without bothering about anything, just running with a hope still inside that she might get to place where things will be entirely different.
i would like to know what happens later on and where that girl ends up going.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Yes I will!
Catheline kole

8 Years Ago

i will read it. :)
Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Good :)!!!!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

496 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2016
Last Updated on June 15, 2016

Author

Kasey M.C.
Kasey M.C.

NJ



About
I love to read, write, take long walks, learning new ways to write, cleaning and organizing, anything that feels soft and Of course, dreaming. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..