Chapter One : Plot

Chapter One : Plot

A Chapter by Kasey M.C.
"

The mother tells her children that they are witches and warlocks. Can they handle it?

"
"Family meeting!" My mom, Julianne yell at us from the bottom of the stairs. I have two brothers, one sister and their names are James, Matt, and Marianne. James is my older brother, Matt is my younger brother and Marianne is my older sister. James have long, dark brown hair, very muscular, with dark brown eyes. Matt have short, light brown hair, nothing but an average body, hey, what do I know if he have some muscles under there or not, with light brown eyes. Marianne have long, dark brown hair to her back, an average body, with dark brown eyes. Julianne have long, dark brown hair down to her back, an adult, average body with dark, brown eyes. We are all sitting on couch. I look at all of who have there devices out but me. I'm just sitting here with nothing to do. I hate family meetings! They bore me to death. Everyone has a device except for me. Mom walks in the living room."Marianne, Matt, and James get off of your devices. I have very important news to tell all of you, finally," Mom says to us.

"Are we moving?" James guess. I can tell he is very upset when he asks that question.

"Are we getting a dog?" Matt asks. We all look at Matt. I shake my head and I really hope we get a dog. I can see the excitement in his eyes when he ask that question. "What, I can dream, " He adds.

"Am I getting a new car?" Marianne asks we all gives her a look. Her excitement is crush when everyone looks away weirdly. "What, a girl can dream," Marianne adds. They all looks at me to guess. I think we have some kinds of powers. I can feel that we have some type of powers.

"Do we have magical powers?" I asks. They all starts to laugh at me except mom. They all stop awkwardly, mom and I just look at the mall.

"No, maybe, no, and yes,"Julianne says to us. They all look at me and then at mom.

"She said maybe on getting a dog," Matt says. We all look at Matt again. "Guys, we are getting a dog be happy about that, " He adds.

"Matt, I said maybe and we are witches and the boys are warlocks," Mom tells us. I knew it.

"No, this can't be right!" Marianne yells to us. "I don't want to be a witch!" Marianne runs upstairs and slam the door.

"Sweet, this is better than getting a dog,"Matt says with much enthusiasm in his voice and we all just gives him the look again.

"James.....do you have anything to say about you being a warlock?" Mom asks him while looking at him straight in the eyes. Mom care about his opinions and thoughts because what he says matters. That because...well he is her first and he's the oldest.

"I'm cool with being a warlock and mom, you shouldn't worry about talking to Marianne because I got it," He says before running upstairs to Marianne's room. He's such a kiss up at times. Matt and I are left in this family meeting. She would be the one to keep talking.

"Ok, I'm going to say it to you guys because the older ones should already know this. Rule one: Never talk about witch club,"

"So, we can't tell our friends?" I asks mom with an angry voice. I'm so angry that we can't tell our friends.

"No, you can not tell anyone that you're a which. Sweetie, I'm sorry but it's for protection only," mom says to me while I just let out a sigh. How am I going to tell my two best friends in the whole wide world that I'm a witch. My best friends are Charlotte and Grace we are in middle school soon to be a freshman in high school. I run upstairs to my room. My room is all pink with matching bed sheets and window curtains. I have a balcony on the far right of my bed and on the left side is my closet where I keep my clothes. Next to the door on the right is my flat screen TV and on the right is the bathroom. I close the and sit on my fluffy, pink bed covers and zoon out.

"Julia, honey, are you okay?" She asks me through the door before coming in my room. I can see the hurt and worry in her eyes. Can she see it in my eyes too or is it my actions?

"No, mom, I'm not ok?" Mom looks at me while walking up next to me and having a seat on the bed.

"Honey, I know life is tough right now but it also can be fun, creative, mysterious, secretive and also, full of wonder that leave you questioning things,"Mom says in full of wonder and excitement which leave me questioning about things myself. Like: What color should I paint this room? Probably purple.

"Okay, mom so can I tell my friends, please. I promise I won't let them tell anyone else," I plead to mom about telling my best friends. She still sits there smiling at me.

"Fine, as long as it makes you happy," Mom says to me and then she heavenly let out a huge sigh, "I remember when I told my friends that I'm a witch they all had freaked out first but then we all had fun with my powers," What happened to that, mom?

"What happened to that, mom?" I asks mom and she looks at me before answering my question.

"She grew up and have you,Matt, Marianne, James and.....also your father to worry about," Mom says as she kisses me on my forehead and stands up getting ready to leave.

"Wait, mom, I love you!" I says to her with no hesitation what so ever.

"I love you too, Julia," She says to me with much love. Now

The bell chime above our heads for the last period of the day to end. I walk to my all blue locker with the numbers '100' on it. My combination is 27-17-7. Wow, would you look at that all three seven. Am I lucky or what? Nah, I'm just lucky. Maybe I'll be lucky if they accept me as a witch, just maybe. I grab my all pink and purple book bag and my black, leather jacket that matches my all black outfit with my black boots on. My friends Char and Gracie walks up behind me.

"Hey Julia, you have been acting distance lately. Why is that?" Charlotte asks me very harshly. Charlotte has long, dark brown hair down to her back, she has dark brown eyes, and she is light skinned. Her hair is curly, she has on a black and white blouse, with blue jeans and black flats on. Grace is an African American with tanned skin color, she has long, light brown hair, and dark brown eyes. She has these purple flowers around her long, curly hair, she has on this all purple dress with purple flats on. It's now or never Julia, now or never.

"I have to tell you guys something? I state to them. They both look at me as if a I have two heads on my body.

"Is this about the time where.....we saw you checking out this girl?" Grace says in an enthusiastic tone of voice.

"No," I say to Grace and look at the both of them like 'what the heck'. They should already know the look.

"Honey, it's okay if you like, like girls. All you have say are two words and we'll accept you as you are," Charlotte says to me and yet again I give her the look. They not even taking me seriously and I want them too. I sigh stressfully as I realise that they making this harder than it have to be.

"Guys...." As I do my hand motion it brings us to my room. I guess I hit a nervous breakdown and thought about telling my secret in my room at night. They look so lost especially Gracie not so much as Charlotte. "Let's go out to the balcony I have to show you guys something," I say to them as we walk out to the balcony.

I look up at the empty, night sky where they are no stars. I just make stars appear in the night sky. My friends still look lost over there. I look at them and their something strange about Charlotte. It's probably nothing.

"Guys, I'm a witch," I say to them and Grace looks at me with her eyes and mouth wide open.

"Prove it," Charlotte says to me with confidence. I figure she would say that so I lift up my hands towards the sky and close my eyes. Stars appear into the night sky. I move both of my hands to side, open my eyes and a whole bunch of stars appear into the night sky. Them both look amaze and surprise but Grace looks scared into all that mix emotions. We all walk back into my room and talk not so much Grace.

We all walk downstairs and I open the for them because they are leaving. We say our goodbyes and goodnights. I go upstairs in my room counting sheeps until I can fall asleep.

Different POV

"Mom, you are right she is a witch," I tell my mother who is sitting on her bed facing her mirror. She have this knowing smile on her face.

"What did I tell you, Darling. I know my witches if I see any. All you have to do is to keep on being her little friend and find out her weakness so we can destroy her later on. Now, pay up I need this potion for my skin," She says to me as I take out the potion that I stole from Julia's house. I walk upstairs in to my room and had fallen asleep.


© 2016 Kasey M.C.


Author's Note

Kasey M.C.
Tell me what you think?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like the concept of this story. A whole group of siblings finding out they have powers that were never spoken of and the possible betrayal of a close friend. I look forward to finding out what's going to happen! The grammar does need work and it may just be me, but I felt that the descriptions of the family were crammed and rushed. I really like the last bit. It has me excited for the next chapter. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and your feedback. I'm still working on this story as well. The update is comi.. read more



Reviews

Can't wait to see the rest!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Okay.
So the twist is really good.
The different POV is priceless.

I'll have to say that the descriptions aren't really...
They don't work well.

I've written some scripts in my life.
This works in a scripts. For Television or movies.
Not for a book!

You should let us discover the character properly rather then spoon feed us everything about it.
Such as,

''first there was Marianne. I really liked her, even when she'd scold me with her thin eyebrows. One time she got really upset at me for ruining her hair rolls. She kept thinking that her jet black hair was ugly, and had to curl it to avoid the tone being visible.''

Get my point?
Great idea though.
And overall you've got great potential, keep up the good work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very good start to the story. You create interesting character and topic. I like the use of the witchcraft and the interactions of the character. Was a good flow to the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent opening chapter. left a open door for the next chapter.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for another positive message. I will continue the story. Thank you for reading and your fe.. read more
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are welcome Kasey.
Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

No problem!
I really like the concept of this story. A whole group of siblings finding out they have powers that were never spoken of and the possible betrayal of a close friend. I look forward to finding out what's going to happen! The grammar does need work and it may just be me, but I felt that the descriptions of the family were crammed and rushed. I really like the last bit. It has me excited for the next chapter. Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and your feedback. I'm still working on this story as well. The update is comi.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ana
"I think we have some kinds of powers. I can feel that we have some type of powers" I love it when things I read are funny, it makes me want to keep reading. Oh, wait! I thought she was kidding because of how in sync they were. Nrvermind, but it was still funny. Whoooa, that ending was so cool! That's such a good ending to the first chapter, it means we know more of the plot in just one chapter, so we know what might be coming. There is some grammar like : "I look at all of who have there devices out but me" Instead what about: "I look at everyone who has a device out; I'm the only one without one." Or "When I look around I'm the only one without a device out." That description of Matt was just hilarious! If you want any help with your grammar I could try to help, but to warn you, I'm pretty dumb.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ana

8 Years Ago

Is this something you want to publish?
Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

That's good and yes, I want to publish this. Your are not dumb, you are smart. I need help on my gra.. read more
I really like the plot, the whole revealing thing is cool, but...the grammar made it a little hard to follow along the story line, and it feels like you crammed some of the crucial parts of the story into a shorter chapter than it should be. I could feel your enthusiasm for the story in it, and I like how you allowed some of your humor to slip through. Keep writing! :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for your feedback. I will work on the grammar part, but what does crucial mean? Is a short.. read more
Molly Anna

8 Years Ago

Crucial means important. A shorter chapter isn't altogether horrible, but for everything that you we.. read more
Kasey M.C.

8 Years Ago

Thank you for explaining it to me.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 21, 2016
Last Updated on May 21, 2016


Author

Kasey M.C.
Kasey M.C.

NJ



About
I love to read, write, take long walks, learning new ways to write, cleaning and organizing, anything that feels soft and Of course, dreaming. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..