Farewell

Farewell

A Story by Achilles

 “Where have you been all these years?” I asked in a monotonous tone. Trying to hide the happiness of seeing her again.

     “Away.. Doing some stuff..” She answered in an almost similar tone. I’m not really used to be so tense whenever i talk to her before. We are almost in our middle 20’s now. And it has been almost 10 years since we’ve last seen each other. I’m not sure.. But there’s a part of me that wants to jump for joy. I really didn’t expect her to see me here in the beach. It’s one of those lazy summer afternoons i would wallow in my loneliness and find comfort in the sand. She has been like the beach, with its ebb’s and flows. Wherein for one moment, you find it as if the waves sing with your soul. And in another minute, the surroundings grow silent.

     “Why did you go?” I tried not to ask about the past. I wouldnt want to destroy this perfect moment with an unearthing of old times.

     “I thought you loved me.. Then whats the whole idea of running away with him?” I wasn’t angry. But the unanswered questions flowed out of my mouth like water in a spring. 

     “I’m sorry about that..” I expected that answer. And I’m not shocked to find out she hasn’t changed. Pretty much the same girl. 

     9 years ago, she was this dreamy eyed girl who couldn’t stay put. She had dreams, of becoming this and that. And I, as a loving servant, supported her in every inch of her endeavor. It was God, family, studies, dreams, friends, and me in her list of priorities. And it came in exact order. I never cared, because even if we only get to meet once a month then. She always makes me fall in love again. I would toy over her once long, flowing hair.  Her smile makes every inch of my body twitch. And her soft, caring touch would melt my heart like butter on a hot pan. I was happy with her. So happy. Yet she wasn’t.

     “How are you two now?” I sound as if I’m unaffected. If there’s that one person who is that much insensitive, that would be her. Everytime she would skip talking to me unless i make the first move. How she easily cancels a planned meeting just for fleeting things. And how she replaced me, with a lucid fascination of attention.

     “We two broke up couple of years back.. We never worked out” Her eyes are beggining to swell now. I’m feeling pity entangled with relief. I just wanted to shout back to her of how stupid she was when she left me there. Of what we could have now if only she was only contented with my love. I was in a maelstrom of diffrent emotions, each coming with its own set of words to be spoken.

     “I’m so sorry.. I.. I.. I love you.. And i hope you can forgive me.. ” She was about to step forward now. To what i believe, a forthcoming hug. How i wanted to hug her. The one girl i truly loved. The one person I was so willing to secrifice my whole life for. She was about to step forward when shouts of “Daddy! Daddy there you are! Mom and the three of us were looking all over for you!” coming from three distinct voices. The voices I was waiting to hear.

     “I want you to meet my kids..  And my lovely wife..”

© 2008 Achilles


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on June 30, 2008