chapter one

chapter one

A Chapter by rozet allegretto chronos

    Her eyes didn't take long to adjust to the darkness of her room. Violet just couldn't sleep, she had tried for hours. She had had her recurring dream of watching her brother dying in the war... she didn't want this think about that, so she got out of her bed and got dressed and grabbed a knife. Living alone wasn't exactly the safest thing. She then crawled out her window to save time from walking down the stairs. 
     As her feet hit the roof, she suddenly felt just how alone she was. She looked up and wished for someone just like herself. She was the last of her kind, and the last of her race. She was born many moons ago, as an alchemist. Soon after the war broke out she was forced to fight...violet watched as her kind died, and soon it was only her and her brother. Her brother forced her to get the tattoo that held all the secrets of alchemists. In the hopes that one day they would return...
    Violet shook her head. She had no time to think on the past now, the sun was done making its way over the horizon and climbing into the sky. Violet started running forward to the edge of the roof and she jumped off of the roof and landed on the balls of her feet, she then walks over to her stables and looks at the mess the storm a few days before had caused. 
     She reached into her pocket and grabbed a piece of chalk, she then bends down and draws lines into the dirt and soon, a symbol was drawn into the ground. She places her hands in the middle of the rune and she watches, as like so many times before, it glows under her hands. She looks up smiling as she knows what's happening, the horses stalls are slowly becoming clean, all the manure is in a neat pile, and hay is spread along the floor. Again and again the process is repeated until every thing is done. 
     Violet then grabs a brush and walks up to a black horse. " hi Onyx, I guess its just you and me now." She says in a soft whisper as she brushes him down, she then saddles him and mounts up onto the horse. Violet clicks her tongue to get the horse to start walking, she then proceeds to ride into the forest, unaware of how her life is about to change...


© 2014 rozet allegretto chronos


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on August 1, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014


Author

 rozet allegretto chronos
rozet allegretto chronos

san mateo, FL



About
Well I enjoy reading and having daydreams, especially of those that I love. I enjoy putting some of my dreams into writing.. more..

Writing