Possessed

Possessed

A Poem by justjenn_2u

 

 

 

Last night I tried to call police,

no answer.

There were entities knocking

at my door.

The first knock, a dark figure,

had a gun.

Told him cops were coming,

he turned to run.

The second knock, a figure,

white skin and red eyes.

I opened the door quickly,

a coward in disguise.

The third visit came,

without turn of door.

I sat still, while our souls

waged their war.

I could smell and see,

could not touch.

The demons released

were once my crutch.

Even though my demons

were sent away,

They kept coming back,

chasing and taunting strength

wandering astray.

Persistence was their tool

putting my spirit under attack.

I continued to wage this war

all through my night.

My body grew tired

determined to win this fight.

The morning sun warmth

on my pale face.

Last night's dreams

sent to final resting place.

© 2012 justjenn_2u


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When I read this I had to read it again.. It seems this dream is about the going back and forth of an addiction..
First time... you tell the habit no.
second time.. you try it but you run from the habit from fear...that you liked it.
third time...it came and you had to strength nor will to fight it since you liked it..
the last time.. you were freed from the addiction.. though you fought it a while before it left you.
..the nightmare is over. You are free from the addiction..the nightmare is over..
If this is a write from a personal experience, this is a metaphor of a stage in your life. not just a dream.
maybe mine too.. :)

Well written...

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The first thing that comes to mind upon reading this well-rendered stark battle, which could as much be a reality crime show scene as an internalized nightmare is this: Buddha staring down the threats from the Lord of Death w/a beatific "you can't touch this" smile. The singular solution to all the raw embattlements of life remains the same: adamantine transcendence of this & that. What begins as a soft contemplation unto an intuitive clue, becomes a mountain that cannot be moved, destiny of destinies, Consciousness Itself.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I have similar poems filed somewhere, the demons are real and hard to deal with sometimes, but not unbeatable. :) Powerful write. ty PS

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dont get it

Posted 16 Years Ago


sorry it took me so long to respond. I've been reading this over and over trying to explain what I think of it.

It's very good, kind of like a bad nightmare.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BEAUTIFUL METAPHOR! GREAT IMAGERY! I COULD SEE YOU DOING BATTLE AND SEE YOU WINNING. GREAT READ, JENN.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It appears that God has granted you the strength to battle the demons that come to you in more then one form. To hear you battle with them with such courage gives hope and conviction of your victory. Tomorrow is another sober day . Victory at last! The nightmarish feel of this piece is what captures the reader as the demons once captured you. Excellent portrail of an addicted soul set free.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Jenn, great flow, great rhyme sceme and the metaphors are wonderfully used in this piece, to me these demons could be so many different things that are haunting and almost impossible to rid yourself of, but I see that the constant battle finally pays off.
Antony

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is just like something that i have seen some of my friends do .. after being up for days on meth...one friend tried to get in my house telling me he was surrounded by a swat team and he believed it though there was no one there.. so sad.. and meth i hate .. took many friends from me, gave them dead eyes ..

So the end of this poem is one i wish for my friends too.. if this is not what the poem is about for you.. sorry for getting it wrong.. you write very well .. good metaphors.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love the title. You rock girl!
call me 34578473847384738748374

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The first time I read this I didn't even realise it was in rhyme, perhaps I was too intrigued by the content to notice. Anywho, my perspective of this is it could be the contents of a dream, but I see it as some kind of emotional subconscious manifestation, whether in a dream or just imagined when awake. Perhaps the 'entities' are emotions you are attempting to fight off, using metaphors such as the 'cops' as ways to battle off these emotions. Also maybe as the night goes on the emotions feel worse, perhaps due to a lack of sleep (I sense it is set at this time of day because of the last two lines) or because you grow more tired and these emotional thoughts grow more relentless. Maybe I'm looking at this with a personal perspective but that's the way I see it.

I do like this, the title itself intrigues me as it suggests either the entities are possessed or you yourself (or the narrator of this) are possessed by them. Good stuff.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

883 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2008
Last Updated on August 13, 2012

Author

justjenn_2u
justjenn_2u

VA



About
I write from my heart. I follow my instinct. I live impulsively. I never feel like my feet are firmly grounded as I am a free spirit. I am a very intuitive person, sometimes to the point it hurts .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Remember Remember

A Poem by justjenn_2u