The end but a new beginning

The end but a new beginning

A Story by Jerry Patrick Ryan
"

The end of the world, causes the last people of the human population to search for life elsewhere and when everything gets worse things take a turn and begin to get better

"
     
      I could't sleep, everything going on around me kept my mind racing. I tried to brush it off but nothing worked everyone on this ship was losing their mind, after being off track for so long there was no destination but gliding through space. There were no plans everyone was stumped on ideas there was no turning back planet earth was just a crumble of ash leaving nothing to go back to. I was scared but what was the point there was nothing that could be done, I scoured the stars many nights from the telescopes there was nothing just planets humans had no chance at all, luckily this ship had the proper equipment to sustain life for the three hundred of us that now live here and are confined to this, the end or a new beginning? was a question that could not be answered and I think this might be something to do with everyone going crazy slowly.
     A loud noise erupts down the hall from my bunk door I hopped up to my feet and rushed out to see what was going on, I could see the wall of the ship dented in, something hit us and hit us hard then another crashing sound comes from around the corner and another could be heard from somewhere else. I ran up to the main control room looking out into the dark sky nothing but space debris streaming by, I pressed the emergency button to alert everyone on board but got no response from the computers. Fear started to set in at this point maybe this is the end I thought to myself as I just tossed myself in the pilot's chair looking out into the darkness hearing the sounds of the impacting strikes rumble the spaceship, everything started shaking this was not the route this ship was suppose to be on but somehow it found it almost like it was meant for humans to die when the earth died. I got up from the chair slowly just as a large object came into view from the cockpit crashing into the window.
    The only thing I remember next is waking up in the cockpit bloody and beating up barely able to move, I look up towards the ceiling of the ship and something was shining just like the light of day through the damaged window I pulled myself up and looked out we were on water and in a distance their was a large piece of land, I felt I was dead and this was the after life but then the cries of horror and pain started to get louder and the dizziness started to fade and then everything felt real again. I ran to the cries helping those I could, fighting through my own pain just to help my friends and those who were not. I scrambled through the broken ship parts pulling people out from under the mess their were a few others trying to help around the ship but on this day over half of the people have lost their lives there was only a handful of us left and it didn't look to good for the people who were left most of the food was destroyed and with no knowledge of where we landed. Is their any life?, is it even safe to breath in the air?, it was a risk everyone had no other choice to make if they wanted to survive was to go outside not knowing what was going to happen it wasn't that hard though everyone felt like there was nothing left to lose.
   Opening the emergency back door a cold breeze blew in through the ship everyone took a deep breath and instantly life sprung back into them, the air was fresh and the sounds of birds circling around above the ship. Standing around 57 others on the side of the ship looking at the sky and birds that looked similar to earth amazed on the location, land could be spotted just a few miles away so some people started making boats to get their from the ship taken what ever they could find to make something suitable for the water once we had our food that was able to be saved packed up on each of the homemade rafts we all set sail for land.
   Once we got so close to the land we were met with large ships sailing right for us, everyone was shocked on what they were seeing but everyone began waving and screaming for help, the ships stayed a good distance away and sent out small boats these people looked just like humans they were all suited up in armor and equipped with swords and bows and arrows,
almost like the castle ages of earth, it was a strange site but looked like they would help, They rushed us being very aggressive tying us up with our hands behind our backs, no body resisted everyone complied these people were just as scared as we were they needed to know more. They took us all to the bigger ships and then took us to land lining us all up and pointed to where they wanted us to go so we walked where they guided us soldiers riding along side of us on horses, we walked for what seemed like hours up and down dirt paths through thick forest's until we could see a large castle just a ways down the hill, I could not believe my eyes but it was real, as we got closer to the front gates more soldiers gathered just staring us down when one man walked out from behind them "Who might you people be coming to us from the sky?" he said as he stood in the open reaching up to touch his sparkling crown all decked out in what looked to be a royal blue robe, I waited a moment and when nobody answered I said " Sorry sir, we did not mean to cause any trouble, we did come from the sky all on luck we found this place", He touched his cheek with his finger "How did you manage to come from the sky?, I took a slow deep breath and then answered " we came from another planet, that died and the only way to live was to live in space, but if we where were going to grow the human race we needed to find another earth like world, which we could not, our people went crazy and lost all structure the space station was gave up on as everyone pretty much gave up fighting to live, finding ourselves spiraling through empty space and pretty much taken our last ride we got struck by space debris,the next thing I remember is waking up here in the water". The soldiers began laughing but their leader did not he looked as if he felt our pain he leaned over and whispered something to his guards and then he began cutting our restraints off " I know nothing of you people" he said as he pointed to the gate keeper to open up " I would like to know more, maybe over some dinner" and he began walking into the castle's village waving his arm for all of us to follow.
    This place was straight from story books about the castle days with kings and queens and knights and warriors it, looking around everything was made from stone, there was a market and a whole lot of people that hung around it, I sat down listening to everyone talking around me but I could not wrap my head around it and then a soldier opened the door of the room we all were in and came to me asking me to go with them to see the king, I got back up and agreed and walked with them to a large royal hall with gold and silver displayed everywhere all I could think about was where did we land too, the guards stopped and told me to wait for the king here so I did and shortly after he came asking me questions about my story,
"Your story is very strange, but that thing that you came in, the way it's made and the material's that was used, where did something like this come from?" he asked very interested in what I was about to say " Yes it's very strange as is this place, this place is like planet earth was over a thousand years before it died" he looked confused so I told him more stories about the past as he was brought to light on things he smiled and said "well this will be interesting, we pulled in your contraption from the water all we ask is if we are able to break it down piece by piece and see how it was made?" I felt I had no choice but to say yes that would be no problem and he said "welcome to Griffin castle".
    From that point on 57 of us lived in the past as our future but life grew quicker after we arrived after they learned our technology and how to make it,plus we all had jobs on teaching new things to the people in Castle Griffin and life began all over again.

  This is my story up to this point signing off Fred Fry     

© 2018 Jerry Patrick Ryan


Author's Note

Jerry Patrick Ryan
any comments are taken as advice this is the first Short story I wrote on Writers cafe hoping to write more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on August 22, 2018
Last Updated on August 22, 2018
Tags: #new, #newbie, #forfun

Author

Jerry Patrick Ryan
Jerry Patrick Ryan

Mount Pearl, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada



About
I've been trying to get up the courage to write my stuff and show it, I think it's time I just want to show some of my stories even if they might not seem great at least I can say I tried, I.. more..

Writing