My Apartment

My Apartment

A Story by Katie Marie

I want you to have a key to my apartment, not so you can be there all the time but so you can sneak in, surprise me and love me like I want to be loved. Sneak in while I'm sleeping, blow out the candles I'd left burning or switch off the lamp I left on beside me, pull up my blanket and slide in next to me. I want to feel you laying there next to me, your arms wrapped so tightly around me and my blanket tangled between us. I want to wake up next to you, have the first thing I do in the morning smile because I didn't expect you but more than anything, I'm glad you're there. I want to leave the bathroom door open, have you sneak in behind the shower curtain and tell me you're there by kissing my neck, or come in, sit on the bath's edge, smile and lean in to kiss me. Sit there and talk to me, ask me about my day or get in too, without much talking much at all. I want you on my bed when I get home, drinking my tea and eating my food. I want to see your shoes at the door, and your favourite mug by the jug. I want you there to kiss me, talk me through those bad days and accompany me on those full of rain. I want your butts in my ashtray, beside mine with the lipstick stains. I want your beer in my fridge and your scent on my pillows but I want you to leave before you see me too much. 

I don't want you to see me every morning, the way my hair sometimes falls in dirty streaks or the make up which sometimes taints my cheeks. I don't want you to learn too much; what music I listen to when I'm sad or when I'm happy, when I like to drink coffee and when I like to drink tea.

I want you to have a key to my apartment, so I can have you when I want but no other time. 

© 2013 Katie Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on September 16, 2013
Last Updated on September 16, 2013
Tags: love

Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

ACT, ACT, Australia



About
I’m Katie. I hate my name, it sounds like the name of a toothless hillbilly. I’m eighteen. I’m kind of an a*****e because I love too much and care about very little. I honestly have .. more..

Writing