Chapter 3. The next day.

Chapter 3. The next day.

A Chapter by Joshua David Vrana

Jaso awoke to the sound of birds chirping outside as the sun raised high in the sky. he said to himself "I hope today is gonna be better" as he got out of bed he felt that something was wrong and quickly got dressed, he put on his family crest thinking to himself about his family "I will come back for you someday", he remembered that he had homework to finish and quickly did so. He left his room to get breakfast and noticed that May was sitting on the couch. "Good morning May" he said to her upon not hearing her say anything he went to check on her, as he walked around the couch he could see the she had been beaten. "May! What happened?" he said in shock. As she wiped away the tears "my boss hit me" she said "he hit me because I wanted to stop working there" Jaso reached a hand out to touch her face, as he did he took away some of the pain. Jaso walked into the kitchen and asked "have you eaten anything since you got home?" May replied weakly "no"; if it weren't for his powers he would not have heard her. Jaso quickly made her some toast, "thank you" May replied as he handed her the plate. "I've got to go to school" Jaso said "will you be alright?" May nodded yes. As he left for school he hoped that she would be alright, he walked to the bus stop and waited for it to arrive he overheard a couple of kids talking about what had happened the other night, “man did you hear about the old factory on fifth street?” one said to the other “no what happened?” the other replied “some guy had broken in and stole some teck” the bus arrived and they got on, Jaso sat in the back of the bus because no one bothered him back there. To Jaso it seemed like they were on that bus for longer than they were it was only twenty minutes till they got off the bus at school, he walked to his locker and got his books out and started to think about the break in that happened, wondering how they got past security and got out in time before the police arrived he thought long and hard on this and by the time school was over he decided to check it out tomorrow after school, he walked to the counselors office to talk with someone about May. He just wanted to protect her, after seeing her all bruised up like that made him so angry at the humans. He spoke to Jim who was his counselor "Ok now I want you to call me if he shows up there, ok Josh?" said Jim. "Ok, thank you sir" replied Jaso. As Jaso ran back home he started to sense something was wrong. Jaso stopped and quickly looked around to see if there were any humans anywhere and warped home, Jaso saw that the front door was busted in he ran inside and into the living room and saw May's boss standing over her with a knife about to stab her again. She seemed dead, but Jaso heard her heart beating. “Leave her alone” Jaso yelled in anger as He jumped at the boss grabbing him by the throat and picked him up off the ground. The boss kept trying to stab Jaso, but the knife wouldn't break his skin, Jaso started to squeeze until the boss finally he went limp. Jaso threw him at the wall and quickly turned his attention to May as he started to heal some of her serious cuts, they healed like she was never stabbed. After that Jaso called the police and told them what happened. They arrived within minutes with an ambulance. Jaso watched as they took May to the hospital, and as the police took May's boss to the squad car the boss asked Jaso for his name "Shadow, and if you want to live longer stay away from her, or else" Jaso replied. One of the police men asked Jaso some questions and about how he knew May, "I was passing by and saw the door was broken in" Jaso replied. Just before the officer got back in his car, he said "it'll be good to have a young hero like you around", and drove off.



© 2012 Joshua David Vrana


Author's Note

Joshua David Vrana
may works as a striper for hank renal, the city is new york, the year is yet to be revealed

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
Added on March 22, 2012
Last Updated on April 14, 2012
Tags: warrior, warriors, of, arc, josh, vrana, spider-man, hero, romance, fantasy, jaso


Author

Joshua David Vrana
Joshua David Vrana

Lincoln, NE



About
Hello my name is Josh, I'm 23 years old, live in Lincoln, NE, when I was younger I didn't like to read that much, it wasn't untill the Harry Potter books that i satarted to enjoy reading. I fell in.. more..

Writing