New Romance

New Romance

A Poem by Joshua Wright

She remains still, softly lit in the light of day. The morning birds to sing her song. Her face aglow with a hush kept quietly on her lips. My eyes are fixed upon her there. A glimpse of desire. My cheeks begin to turn red. There is a pause in the air as I wait for her gaze to meet mine. In this one moment I know her well. Her touch so soft, her voice so sweet. A place where all my secrets are exposed, the same in which they are kept safe. Her arms outstretch to a warm embrace. In the middle of this room we meet and become one to share in love what the world may not be let to know.

Here I stray, my mind slips and fades into the most quiet of places. We pine and discover. I trace the lines that first caught my eye. Her beauty overtakes me. This place where soul and body meet. In her I find comfort, joy, peace, tranquility and solace. I keep her close for she is safe within my arms. Her head so gentle upon my chest, her eyes so bright. I find rest in the simplest of romance. So transparent are we upon this day. A new life, a new love. We have begun to take on the best the worst and to hold on through the depths, for here is where life begins. 

© 2014 Joshua Wright


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
1 Review
Added on June 23, 2014
Last Updated on June 23, 2014
Tags: Love, romance, poem