Angel

Angel

A Poem by Jonathan Bodnar

She stands on top of a skyscraper
with the wind in her face,
looking down she thinks of what an angel told her once;
"3 seconds" he says "3 seconds of peace 3 seconds of
complete and absolute beauty with the wind in your face "
But then, he says its over all the pain all the suffering
“Is it worth your life…is it worth it” he says to her
standing beside her on top of the building.
For that is why she doesn't jump
I may be in pain and I may suffer, but it IS worth it
Or...............Is...............It?.
she faltered on the edge of her fate
she stared down into the abyss
He was a man
I love you he promises
....I can't see you she whispered"..... I can feel you" she says knowing he is caressing her hair, but she cant feel him, she has lost all sense of touch.
"join me" he says as he kisses her knowing she cant see or feel him. “join me my angel for this is my only wish, come away from the edge and join me"

"I can't" she breathes out ...knowing she is disappointing him.....but also knowing she is protecting him... "you won't hurt me" he says calmly ...as if expecting her to struggle...".....are you my fate.." she questions quietly
"I am as much your fate as the sun is frozen" he says disappointed but understands "My dearest why do you worry about fate for fate is not what controls us but we control it" he says holding her hand. They stand there on the edge of the skyscraper with wind in there faces, the sun is beginning to set. "Why........." He asks though he already knows "why......". "you know the answer...so why do you ask?"......and if you ask why.....why not?......
"Because it coming from your mouth is the cure for the pain it causes." he says "forgive me my dear" not knowing why he is apologizing but he feels like he needs to.
"it would be cruel to ask for your forgiveness...for you have done nothing wrong....How can a fate look upon his doing and ask for forgiveness...when fate is inevitable?".......she looks at the ground and prays to God she doesn't jump. He looks at her with pain like never before, not because of her words but because he is not aloud to save her if she does jump, for he is an angel and she must make the choice. He loves her, he knows he shouldn’t but he still does. “ my dearest jump not for I will protect you from the pain and sorrows of this world” he says knowing even if she does jump he will spread his wings once more.
.....silently she screams into all eternity because the pain she feels has overflowed...there’s nothing left for her.....except an angle she cannot feel nor see.......she gasps falling to her knees.......slowly...she drags herself to curl away from the edge....."I'm....going .......home"...she whispers....and he has to strain to hear her....
“Lord take the pain from her and give it to me, for she does not deserve this” he pleads silently, relieved but crushed that she must endure the pain of this world. Curled up crying she wishes the pain would go away and she would be free. Laying there she falls into a deep sleep, rain starts to poor down as she sleeps. Standing on the edge he walks over to her and picks her up, knowing this is against his fathers’ word. His wings spread, huge gray wings larger than life itself. “Forgive me father” he says then flies away with her in his arms, free, safe, and painless.
because she was touched by an angel....she dies.......her spirit is utterly broken because it goes from pain and hopelessness to joy and security to fast......She looks into his eyes and seems to realize that she is not in her body any more.....
She spreads her wings smaller than his but as beautifully as a sunset in the fall."3 seconds of peace." she says. He kisses her and they fly away into the rain and sun. He loved her and her him.

© 2008 Jonathan Bodnar


Author's Note

Jonathan Bodnar
I wrote this with someone very dear to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is beautiful. So far i have not written a poem with anyone but my other 'me' lol
This is well written thought out and lovely.

Chloe
xoxo

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 12, 2008

Author

Jonathan Bodnar
Jonathan Bodnar

Aubrey, TX



Writing
one. one.

A Poem by Jonathan Bodnar