Home

Home

A Story by Jillian C.

One day she awoke with him at her bedside.
His hand softly brushing her wet cheek.
"Do not shed these tears my dear. The sight of them bring me much anguish. I wish to fight these evil spirits that lay their pain upon you".
Softly and swiftly she got up caressing the soft velvet shirt he had on.
She could feel the warmth rising from his skin.
His slight movement created a wave of air rushing towards her face.
The familiar scent, she inhaled.
She felt a wave of emotion wash over her. 
It was like the familiar scent of a summers eve at her mothers old cottage.
She stood up and grabbed his hand without knowing the reaction she would receive from this gentleman that came to her on this morning.
Again she felt something familiar.
As if he had already laid his hands upon her fair skin.
In return he took her hand and led her into the light.
She stopped to look back, hesitating to move forward.
The sight she laid her eyes on was terrifying.
A very dark and somber room, filled with frightening faces that only appear in nightmares. Or so she thought.
She immediately held on to the man and started walking faster than she had ever imagined. 
Wanting to be rid of the nightmares that were floating behind her.
It took her only a couple of seconds to notice how tightly he was gripping her hand.
She wondered where she knew him from.
Finally reaching the light, he pulled her closer and embraced her tightly.
She knew not why this was happening but she felt safe and at home in his arms.
She forgot about all the bad things and all the tears that she had ever shed.
While in his embrace she realized she had finally found her only light in this dark place she used to call home.

© 2015 Jillian C.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 30, 2015
Tags: romance, science fiction, love