Welcome home

Welcome home

A Poem by Jen

He gently lay her on the soft green earth and wiped away the last tear she cried,
He hadn't realized until now, just how beautiful she really was, her soft brown curls entwined around her face, her pink pouty lips, just parted enough as if she's waiting for a kiss, her eyes like rain drops falling from the sky.
He placed his hand upon her chest where her heart beat once and softly kissed her brow, His heart you can almost hear breaking in the quietness of the moonlit sky.
What will he do now, where shall he go?. His love, gone, like a shadow in the night.

He held her once more then dug up the dirt and placed her in the ground below.
watching as each handful of dirt covered her more and more, until, she was gone.
Now there she lay under the moonlit sky for heavens angels to take her soul up high . And here he kneels without his love, his life, his beating heart. Alone, without her, but a kiss still unwashed, untouched upon his lips.

"Take me with you!" he cried to the heavens above, with both fists in the air.
And in the silence of the night a voice was heard " My, child, it is not your time".
"Then why have you taken her from me and left me here all alone?". His words echoed, and there was no one to be heard. Many years had passed, many years he would kneel down beside her and remember how his heart ached for his one true love to return. Under the moonlit sky while sitting alone he collapsed and was gone, he was so worried she would not recognize him for he had aged to be an old man, but out of the darkness came a light and there she stood with her hand reaching out and whispered...." welcome home"




© 2015 Jen


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderful poem. Sad it is and written so lovingly.
The ending is perfect.
'Welcome home'.. a timeless love.

Chloe

Posted 13 Years Ago


So beautiful that is true love

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 14, 2011
Last Updated on January 27, 2015

Author

Jen
Jen

Millbury, MA



About
What do i say here.....well, iv'e been writing since i was 12 years old. I find that it's an outlet for me, seeing's how i'm not very good at talking. I'm not here for rating's or to boost my ego, jus.. more..

Writing
Passionless Passionless

A Chapter by Jen


Awake my soul Awake my soul

A Chapter by Jen


The goodbye The goodbye

A Chapter by Jen