The art of creation.

The art of creation.

A Poem by J.B. Goodings

The rising tides of energy, akin to that of powerful oceans, wash over this once barren shore

How much time has passed since energy and will met in such synchrony?

I would guess decades, though pocket-watches and laptop screens would tell me otherwise.

Perhaps minutes, or brief moments. Or perhaps the two never did or will align.

Would it be foolish to equate energy and will to the sun and the stars? The same yet dissimilar?

One is a source that provides life and routine to the world we know.  

The other, a distant fragment in the night, collecting the wishes, wants, and dreams of many.

 

The sun and the stars spend their time occupying different portions of the sky, meeting only for minutes.

Despite the short time, magic is born creating a world filled with wonder.

Reds, golds, purples, patches of blues and whites finely decorate the canvas of my mind’s easel.

Balance is reached with the familiar yet peculiarly foreign.

But the time passes quickly and the tide recedes. The sun surrenders to the moon and the sun.

When will those fleeting minutes return?

Until then the sun and the stars shall not be close, it is day and night, with no in-between.

© 2016 J.B. Goodings


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
Added on May 23, 2016
Last Updated on May 23, 2016

Author