Bully McBee

Bully McBee

A Story by Jane E. Ries
"

Bully thinks he's the biggest, dirtiest, meanest tick there ever lived. Little did he know that he would meet-up with the Buzzing McBee Gang.

"

Friends let me tell you a tale about the biggest, dirtiest, meanest tick there ever lived. He stood 1.2 centimeters tall and could spit five times the distance. His name, as it was known near and far, was Bully McBee. I know you are wondering how he got that name, but you just wait a while and I will tell you soon enough.

The sun was rising and on the horizon stood Bully. He stepped down off a stone and made his way to the sleepy little town of Wild, Wild West World. Now the folks of Wild, Wild West World knew darn good and well the trouble to be had by ticks like Bully. That’s why they hired one of the biggest, dirtiest, meanest dung beetles there ever lived as their Sheriff, Sheriff Roller as he was known. He kept the streets clean and trouble at bay. No bug like Bully McBee was going to ruffle-up the feathers of this fair town.

Once Bully walked into town he knew there was something peculiar going on. Right there was Sheriff Roller with his big ol’ gallon hat, spurs on his boots, standing like a skyscraper in the sun. At the sound of laughter and pounding feet, Bully McBee turned around to see a bunch of bugs running right toward him. He put up his fists and prepared to fight. Instead the crowd ran him right down, hugged Sheriff Roller and took pictures. Bully stood up and used his hat to dust off the dirt.

The bugs turned around and ran right toward Bully again. This time one of them grabbed Bully’s hand and off they went through the streets of Wild, Wild West World. Just when Bully had had enough he was thrown onto the front of a train which began to climb a mountain. The train went up, up, up until it almost stopped at the top, and then it began to race down at 50 miles per hour. Everyone put their hands in the air except Bully. He grabbed on tight, clenched his teeth and his face stretched around like a rubber band.

Next he got some cotton candy and he threw it on the ground. “What kind of rootin’-tootin’ tick would ever eat such froufrou, yummy, delectable…” Sheriff Roller appeared, cleaned-up the cotton candy and gave Bully another one. “Cotton Candy! Yum!” yelled Bully, then he cleared his throat and grumbled like the mean ol’ tick he was.

The crowd of bugs pushed and shoved Bully into the Haunted Hootenanny House. There were scary cowboy ghosts, mirrors, and a trembling floor. Bully screamed out loud a few times, but luckily, no one heard him. Then he went on the stage coach ride, played Barnyard Mini-Golf, panned for gold and rode the River Log Ride. He made new friends and had a swell time. Why this town was the best town ever.

Then Bully and all his friends came to a screeching halt. Right there in the middle of town walked the Buzzing McBee Gang. Everyone knew they were the biggest, dirtiest, meanest gang of bees there ever lived. Suddenly the whole town got quiet and the showdown began. The bees buzzed and across the way, Bully and his buddies were too scared to move. Bully’s legs were shaking like a horse’s tale in the wind. That is when Bully remembered that he was the biggest, dirtiest, meanest tick there ever lived. But could he take-on the Buzzing McBee Gang?

What Bully didn’t know was that Sheriff Roller walked-up and stood right behind him. The Buzzing McBee Gang stopped in their tracks. Bully was amazed, so he walked closer, put his hands on his hips, leaned forward and looked each bee right in their eyes. Bully could smell their fear as each bee stepped backwards, turned around and made their way back into the sunset never to been seen again.

Bully’s friends were astounded by his bravery, picked him up, carried him around on their shoulders, and cheered, “Bully McBee!, Bully McBee!, Bully McBee!”. Bully may have been the biggest, dirtiest, meanest tick there ever lived, but once word got around about how he beat the Buzzing McBee Gang, everyone tipped their hat to him or curtsied. Bully McBee didn’t have to be the biggest, dirtiest, meanest tick anymore. He had respect.

So, now you know the story of Bully McBee and how he got his name. If you ever go to Wild, Wild West World, be sure to say howdy to Sheriff Roller.

© 2014 Jane E. Ries


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent. This is clever, amusing, and very well-written. I'd never heard a story of bully redemption, but you pulled it off. High marks, Jane.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

276 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014
Tags: wild west, tick, bullying

Author

Jane E. Ries
Jane E. Ries

Columbus, OH



About
These stories and poems represent a book in the making. The title of which is still undecided. My goal has been to present animals in ways that are compassionate and often funny. I hope you enjoy and .. more..

Writing