She's still smiling

She's still smiling

A Chapter by Jade (insanity)

I stared out the window as Landon sped down the road, one of his arms was still around me. "You okay now, Alice?"

 

I looked up at him, my eyes damp with fresh tears. "No, Landon. I can't stop thinking about them. It's like it happened yesterday."

 

He looked down from the road. His eyes met mine for a split second before horns were blown and I was thrown into the dash of his car. Tires screeched and I heard screams. One of which was my own. "Alice!" Landon's voice caught me, just as I was about to drift to sleep. Pain was stabbing into my leg. I tugged my leg upward and I screamed in pain.

 

"Your leg!" Landon leaned over me, making sure I can't see my lower body. Sirens sounded and a man dressed like a cop tore my door open. "Her leg's pinned!" Landon yelled over the comotion. I still didn't know what went on, my head hurt too much to care.

 

I screamed out when the cop tugged on my leg, just as I had. That's when my body shut down, and I drifted into unconsiousness.

 

* * *

 

I awoke in a hospital room, Landon leaning over me. "Oh thank God! You're awake!" He bent down and kissed my forehead.

 

"What happened?" My voice sounded off, even to me.

 

"We were in a car wreck. Your injuries were quite severe. Your leg wasn't crushed like we though, thank God, but you do have severe cuts there and a concusion. You're lucky."

 

"Don't say that I'm lucky. Is my dad and step mom here?" Landon bit his lip and shook his head. "Go figure. Do they know I'm here?" Landon nodded this time. Ouch.

 

"What did they say?" I knew, but I still wished I didn't.

 

"Um, they said that they weren't wasting their time and gas to come down here and see you."

 

"They didn't say they wanted me to die? Shocker." I was being sarcastic but the sad part was, Landon nodded. "They did?" He nodded again.

 

"So how bad am I now?" I looked down at myself. I didn't look too bad.

 

"You're pretty much healed. Just a few scrapes and cuts, here and there. You should be getting released today." He smiled. So did I.

 

A man in a knee length coat come in holding a clipboard. "How are we feeling today? Ah, she's awake." The man smiled warmly at me.

 

"Can I leave today?"

 

"Eager to leave, I see. Don't like hospitals?" I nodded and he looked down at his clipboard. "Well, good news. You may leave today, but I'm not sure where."

 

"With me?" Landon spoke up instantly.

 

"How old are you, sir?" The doctor looked at Landon skeptically.

 

"18."

 

"Hmph. You may take her home. Would you tell her parents to give me a call?"

 

"Yes, Doctor." Landon put my bags and helped me stand.

 

* * *

 

Landon's house was small. It reminded me of an apartment, this house was more familiar to me than my own. "Just nudge Allan. He'll wake up and move." I nudged at Lanon's pet wolf--yes, wolf--and he opened one eye and glared at me.

 

"I think I'll just sit somewhere else." I sat on the other end of the room. Landon smiled at me and I smiled back. "You hungry?" He asked as he started walking into the kitchen.

 

"Um, a little. What'cha got?" I stumbled in there and propped myself up on the counter top.

 

"Spaghetti-Os?" He held up a can and I shook my head. "Icky," I mumbled, smiling.

 

"Ramen?" He held up my favorite. Ramen noodles! I clapped my hands and he put them in a boul, filled it with water, and stuck it in the microwave. "Thank you." I smiled and he walked over to me, put his arms around my waist, and stepped between my legs--hugging me.

 

"You're welcome, honey."

 

The microwave dinged. Landon sighed and dropped his arms. I sighed, too. Landon got out my noodles, drained them, put the flavoring in them, and handed them to me. "Yummy!" I smiled and started to eat.

 

"Is it good?" I nodded and he smiled.

 

"Best cook ever," I mumbled with a mouthful of food. He laughed and lifted me off the counter. "Let's go watch TV." He led me into the living room and we watched a marathon of NCIS.

 

* * *

 

"Alice, do you need to go home?" Landon shook me awake.

 

"What? Oh, no." I shook my head and tried to go asleep. It wasn't happening.

 

"You okay, honey?" Landon looked at me.

 

"My leg hurts." I looked up at Landon. He went to the kitchen, banged around for a minute then come back holding a bottle of Tylenol.

 

He handed me two and some water. I took them. He helped me to his bedroom and covered me up. "I guess I'll sleep on the couch."

 

I grabbed his arm. "Don't leave me alone in here, please." He looked down at me and smiled. "Okay honey." He took off his shirt and pants and laid down beside me. He held me and I finally fell asleep.

 

 

 

 

 



© 2010 Jade (insanity)


Author's Note

Jade (insanity)
Tell me what'cha think :]

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
(:
Sexual tension between the friends;D
And spaghetti-o's are delicious! :P

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 9, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2010


Author

Jade (insanity)
Jade (insanity)

You're beautiful. It's society that's fucked.



About
Be a girl with a mind, A b***h with an attitude, And a lady with class. I solemnly swear that I am up to no good. If you can't do anything about it, laugh like hell. I like to cuddle. Smar.. more..

Writing