Her sorrow

Her sorrow

A Poem by Jack...

 

 

 

 

Her sorrow

 

I have tasted sadness

rolling down her face

Searching for those yesterdays,

emptiness to trace

~

Her heart as if a dagger

is thrust so deep inside

With tears to fill a cavern

and pain she can not hide

~

This loss, so overwhelming

of weight too hard to bear

Her sorrow is my sadness

in friendship I do share

~

I long to take her grieving,

eliminate her pain

Lock it deep within my soul

to never show again 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Jack...


Author's Note

Jack...
Thank you for reading

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is so frustrating to watch someone we care about suffer.
But, Jack...some folks carry their pain deep inside...they can't write about it, they can't share it...
The lady in question here, does have an outlet. Thank God, she can write about her pain...she can wet the page with her tears...and that is good, because she isn't holding it inside, where it blackens everything that touches her.
I know you are worried my friend, as I am too...but give the lady credit for her good sense.
And smile, my friend...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much beautiful lady. I can't help but worry, but friends like you make the pain less.
I can relate to this one, Jack. So often, we go through life and feel too much, or at least I do. There are times when the feeling becomes too painful, and we retreat within ourselves to the point that our pain becomes something that is quieted by being apart from the rest of the world. I know that I do this...retreat at times in order to get right with everything that I feel...with feeling too much.

The last lines of this piece are quite beautiful, because you bring it back to the idea of someone else offering selflessly to help someone carry their burdens. Beautifully written and completely felt.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much my sweet friend. You have no idea the comfort your comments have brought to me tod.. read more
God that was so deep and lovely...just great!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much Glitch
I feel her sorrow too, the way you manage to get your readers into the emotion you are feeling when you are writing is just amazing, the sorrow will soon fade as time goes by. I love this one as usual

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much sweet Sunshine. Happy you stopped by this morning.
Like the pain one feel when then watch a child suffer. A lovely write, Jack.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Exactly my friend. Thank you Pryde.
What caring, empathic words. You're such a generous friend.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you Emma. Your kindness and friendship are always cherished by me.
Absolutely beautiful Jack... You always have such lovely imagery. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thanks so very much Butterfly. I appreciate your visits.
We always wish we could carry the burdens of those we care about. I could feel the empathy floating off this piece. If only, if only Jack oh what we would do with out with onlies. It's beautiful and you are a wonderful human being. I am proud to know you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much my sweet friend. Smiling because of you.
Sharing is caring Jack and you share her sadness that is overwhelming to both and you wish you can pull a magic wand and wipe away her tears. Let us hope her tears of sorrow will be tears of joy in your caring arms...Splendid...:)...............

Posted 10 Years Ago


Jack...

10 Years Ago

Thank you so very much my friend.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...Any time...:).............

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

542 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 11, 2013
Last Updated on November 11, 2013

Author

Jack...
Jack...

San Antonio, TX



About
Not much to tell about me, I am just Jack, I am a poet, a writer, a musician, a painter, a builder and a dreamer. I live in south Texas but am originally from New Jersey and miss it more and more all .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..