Somebody

Somebody

A Poem by Abi
"

My comment I left on Light-Catcher2's poem "Nobody" on Deviantart.com

"
If I am nobody, who am I?
What or who am I to the world of unknown desires, wishes, loves, and other mysteries.
What am I? That's what the real question behind it is. It's how you put it in the way.

But it's true that no one can put a mask on their face and just hide from the world itself, because it will always come back looking for you, then reaching out a hand for you.. You cannot paint on a smudged smile, because the paint will fade away, showing the frown that lies underneath it, showing it all to the world, also saying, "I'm happy" when really, all you are is a liar, to yourself and the world and people around you..

If you are nobody, you are not invisible, if you are somebody; you are also a nobody as well. Because no one in the world knows you, but it's those people that DO know you that matter. Compared to the rest of the world, you're a nobody. But to your friends and those who truly love you, you are everything.

I can say, "I don't care about being Miss Somebody" when really, you are that Miss Somebody, and yet you don't even realize it.
You are not the wallpaper, for the wallpaper itself will soon be noticed and looked at fondly, or torn away showing the plain wall that used to be behind it, until this new covering came along..

You are nobody... But you are somebody.

To those who have ever felt like nobody, including myself...

(comment left on "Nobody" by Light-Catcher2)

© 2011 Abi


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on June 8, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2011

Author

Abi
Abi

About
I'm Abi, I'm a young writer and artist. I love drawing, writing, reading, listening to music, watching anime, singing, and just being myself. I don't have many friends at all, except for my best frien.. more..

Writing