God's Will

God's Will

A Story by informaxim
"

Tragic/Love

"

God's Will

 

By Asheesh P.

Writer

 

Born to be free, meant to be wild. She could fly on and on. Over the clouds and the valleys, above the rivers that flow free but are stationary and the mountains that stand still but live forever. Perhaps it was the poor boy trying to get in the way of the nature. He named the kite “Baby” on that Thursday late evening when he was wandering alone in the wilderness and she “fluttered” and made the quiver noise.  Someone once warned him about one of the most dangerous things in life “Another flutter of a free heart”. Moreover, he was not so used to the idea of getting along with strangers who get to gel well too quickly. It was only after some reluctance that he could notice how she was stuck in the wild cactus thorns. Poor kite, he thought. It was more out of love than pity that he came out of his safe zone. He liked her at the first sight. More because the kite didn’t give up calling him even when he ignored at first. And it made him feel so loved and happy, for the first time. She needed him and he could see it.
                                   It took a good deal of his courage and a couple of pricks on his fingers and feet to get her out of that trap, harmless. You could still have noticed the prick marks on his fingers and the blood stains on the baby, if she were around now. No one ever knew where she came from. He asked her sometimes with an intention to know her better and serve better but she would always remind him that it really didn’t matter as long as he loved her. Baby knew that the poor boy will think of her the same way like everyone else did in baby’s world and that would make him sad and jealous. Baby wanted the poor boy to be happy because both suddenly and gradually she had fallen in love with him.
The boy took the torn baby “home” and asked her to be strong. Baby wanted to go up again but he reminded her softly that she wasn’t ready now and that it wasn’t the high time. He had already started being slightly selfish now that he wanted to take baby home with him and caress her. He studied her cuts. Some big, some small. Some beyond repair. She was in a bad shape really but fortunately the boy was determined to heal her to the bone. He tried a lot of things but fell short of notebook papers to repair her. Only after he used up those important ones that he would need in future for the final examination was baby alright. He tried to cover up the marks as well, without complete success. Baby was kind to acknowledge that though he wasn’t that perfect one, she had by now made up her mind to stay in love with him as long as it was possible.
It was a couple of months now and Baby grew stronger. Unfortunately, the boy failed in a couple of exams because all the time he was thinking of baby. Baby never left a stone unturned in consoling him and keeping his spirits high. Both were seemingly drenched in love now and it was sheer bliss. At least for the poor boy it was as he had no idea that baby had already started missing the sky. “Can you feel the breeze so serene?”, she said softly in his ears one evening. “Yes baby, it’s so lovely. I wish I could freeze the moment.”, he replied. “Oh dear, why would you want to freeze things ever?  They look so beautiful always moving.” “You’re right. I know that’s how they are supposed to be. But...”, she waved and sealed his lips with that warm kiss. She was the best when it came to living and the poor boy had already started learning from her how best to live. He wouldn’t argue this time.
“Will you take me to the sky”, she summoned courage and spoke up one day.
“Sky...?”, that sudden weakness came all over him.
“But we can’t go there. I can’t fly like you do.”
“Oh..... I mean, if you will let me fly there alone. You know I love it and need some space.”
Boy’s heart sank but he tried to tell her that how he loved her and didn’t want to lose her or let her go away.
“You know I’m yours only. Your only Baby. Trust me, why would I ever like to go away. It’s just that I need to feel the cool wind now”, she pleaded. And the boy was destined to melt always whenever she did that.
From then on, every morning the boy would let the kite go high up in the wind safely while playing the thread gently. He would make her go in circles and up in the clouds. Sometimes when he noticed that his baby wasn’t much ‘high’ he would release her completely for a while so she could feel the real freedom. When in the evenings it was time to go home, baby would tell him stories about how she enjoyed the flight and how the world looks from high above. “Do you ever look at me from there? Do I look small and untidy?”, he would ask sadly. “ Yes, my sugarpie, I often look at you. And even if you look a bit smaller, you are the most beautiful from my eyes” And she would tell him how she loved the boy and how she was lucky to have him. Most of the times, the boy would sleep off being tired flying her and getting the other things in place and this would hurt the kite. But then, they loved each other and the next day it would be okay.
One day while she was high up, another kite caught her eye. It surely knew how to carry itself well. Of course, Baby tried to avoid falling in for him. She looked down but the boy was out of sight. It wasn’t the time to ponder on the consequences. Baby was stunned by the charm of this kite and her hands were sweating now. She felt she needed it and now the whole universe seemed to be by her side, pushing her ahead. She was itching to go and speak to this brand new colourful one since almost everything seemed just perfect about this new kite that she had come across by ‘God’s will’. May be God wanted them to be friends. May be something even more than just friends. Maybe she deserved someone just like that who could take her by hand and show around the sky and horizon she always dreamt of. How could baby afford to lose such chance? Almost, no one could. So like it was destined to be, Baby’s magic worked. They flew together behind the clouds and above the horizon. She found him overwhelmingly charming. Although Baby was a bit scared but she knew the boy couldn’t see her so high. Moreover, love is all about free-will. Unfortunately, the poor boy was strangely possessive and she knew it.
Since it was God’s will, she prays to God that everything goes fine and she prays for a real good time ahead. She prays for the perfect ending. Maybe she prays for the boy down there too.
There stands the poor boy. Even today, his hands sweating and he’s itching to see his baby and hug her. The cold stare at the sky high above for any traces of his baby. It hardly ceases and never will. He wants to fly and search for her but he cannot. The wings of hope cut and scattered on the floor. He bleeds and awaits a call back. He looks at the thread that came falling off the sky. It falls just anywhere, without a purpose.
No one knows what became of him. At least his baby doesn’t know. She doesn’t want to know and she’s better off that way. That’s the beauty of ignorance. And when the ignorance is missing, we may want to create it. Sometimes we may like to see it as God’s will. Right or wrong, but that’s easy for sure. All you have to do is pray. Maybe there’s a God who has his own will.
 

 

© 2008 informaxim


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story Asheesh.

However the poor boy was not that selfish, but yes he did require to understand the boundlessness of freedom... You really MUST write more fiction...!

Zaheen.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I enjoyed reading this, Asheesh. Tragic, yes, but a lot like real life. Surely the boy will find another love, and she will cure him of his longing for "Baby"--at least, I hope so. Sam

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 2, 2008
Last Updated on October 16, 2008

Author

informaxim
informaxim

MDD



About
Life's all about the state of mind. Nothing more, nothing less. more..

Writing