Love

Love

A Story by Gangster West

To Whom It May Concern:

One of the biggest problems in couples today is the overprotective significant other. I think the biggest problem is probably couples beating each other, but I won't get into that one yet. It's bad enough having swarms of couples clinging to each other, but I think it might be worse when you find out why some of them won't let go of each other. For some reason a lot of people in long-term relationships get accused of cheating or not loving the other anymore. This is called being overprotective. If you trust your boyfriend or girlfriend or whatever you have you shouldn't pull that s**t unless you have actual proof like catching them having sex in your backyard with somebody else or something like that. I'm starting to think that anybody who has been in a relationship for more than six months develops this chemical imbalance that makes them overprotective. It's actually kind of sad when the boyfriend starts calling the girlfriend in the middle of the night just to make sure she's actually at home and not out with some other guy or when the girlfriend starts driving past the boyfriends house dozens of times a day just to make sure he's there. It's not being sweet, caring or any of that s**t, it's being stalker-like with your own significant other. If you trust whoever you're with you shouldn't have to stalk them or accuse them of things to see if they admit to it. If you're hanging all over each other it better be out of compassion for one another and not because you're insecure with yourself and with whoever you're hanging on. Stop with the overprotective bull s**t and have your happy little relationship.

Sincerely,
An Annoyed Citizen

© 2008 Gangster West


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good write. You're very articulate.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Haha, good read Amber.

Even though this could somewhat reflect myself in some instances...

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Amen to that.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Adam makes a clever statement there, I like it!

Yeah, overprotective my a*s - insecure and with issues - cancel my subscription.

I have been there done that - anyone who you distrust enough to 'stalk' even a little - means you're not healthy and should commit yourself to an asylum NOT a relationship

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Man, I really like the idea of this stuff in letter form. It makes it have an "Oh, by the way" attitude, yet when you start reading it, the meaning behind it has much more power to it than that. This was my favorite line: "It's bad enough having swarms of couples clinging to each other, but I think it might be worse when you find out why some of them won't let go of each other." Awesome. Very well stated.

You have a talent for writing. Nothing wrong with keeping it a hobby, too. I've been playing music for over 20 years but I keep that as a hobby when I could probably make it in to a career. For you, I say keep writing. You have something worthwhile to say and in this day and age, that's rare. Just watch American Idol. Oh wait... hehe.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

At first I thought that there wasn't anything wrong with hanging all over each other...but then you mentioned if it's because they're insecure, then I agreed. It's true people get overprotective- that's a sign that people are lonely and fear that loneliness. They're too damn scared to go it alone anymore so they'll cling onto someone else, may they be the one for them or not. They'd rather be with someone they don't truly love so they won't be alone. Nice commentary.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Gangster West
Gangster West

About
17, senior, going to West Virginia University in the fall. more to come more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..