Welcome to Reality

Welcome to Reality

A Story by Gangster West

To Whom It May Concern:

Reality television is not only a major opiate of the masses, but possibly a huge downfall of society. People have let themselves obsess over these stupid reality shows so much that they actually plan their day around it. Due to everybody and their mother watching these shows there is one for just about anything you can possibly imagine. These shows include everything from no talent singers trying to make it to Hollywood to a bunch of rich kids telling the world about the drama they experience living on one of the nicest beaches in America. I personally think that the creator of the first season of Survivor should be thrown in a hole 10 feet deep armed with nothing but a bottle of Mexican water and a carrot and be forced to watch every episode of Survivor ever recorded including all the stuff they don't show on TV because he is the one responsible for the age of the reality series. I don't think anybody really enjoyed watching a bunch of fat b******s prance around in the middle of nowhere in the first place, but it was the new, hip thing to do at the time so everybody tuned in. I almost feel sorry for whoever came up with American Idol because it's really not as genius as everybody thinks. All the guy really did was put karaoke on primetime television. I guess nobody realized that they can go to the nearest bar and see the same damn thing in person. I'll admit that I don't mind tuning in for the first few episodes to watch people who are getting paid a few hundred dollars make fools of themselves, but then I'm done. I go back to my regular scripted sitcom and enjoy the reality that is right outside my window. Maybe I missed the memo and to live you have to go through extensive try-outs and get put on teams. I guess somebody changed the rules about living. I miss sitcoms, good movies and when the only thing real on television was the news. If you really want reality go walk around town and you can find just about anything that's on a reality show. If you like American Idol you can go to the closest bar and listen to a drunken fool sing about how much it hurts to have your heart broken. If you like Road Rules you can go follow a family that is traveling across the country. Welcome to f*****g reality.

Sincerely,
An Annoyed Citizen

© 2008 Gangster West


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm not sure if you are looking for a review/critique so I guess I will shy away from that. I don't own a TV of my own, but I have walked into rooms where everyone was focused on some reality tv show. I think people just like watching others make asses of themselves, probably makes them feel better as a person. heh. It's kind of sad how people actually allow tv(and other things) run their lives...seems so dissapointing to me. Hopefully, they will wake up and realize they are wasting their lives with this stuff.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reality TV is more than annoying. I have to go to school amidst shrieks of "OMG did you see A.I. last night? Wow!!! I mean, he was so good..." It makes me want to punch someone.

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I completely agree with what you're saying. There are only two or three nights that my girlfriend and I turn the television on because those nights have worthwhile television shows. American Idol is not one of them and never has been.

I'm not sure you're looking for critique or not of your work, which is totally fine. If you just need to vent, by all means, vent. However, I wanted to say one thing about this. I think what might really bolster your argument is by coming up with ideas that you feel will help curtail some of the stupid s**t on television. While dropping the idea guy for Survivor in a hole with barely nothing more than the clothes on his back sounds like a great idea, I still think that might not cut it. What can help these shows have meaning? What shows in comparison have meaning and how? Etc., etc. Again, not sure if you're looking to be critiqued or not but, well, this is the "Review this Story" box, so....

By the way, WVU got screwed out of the Big Dance this year. How they didn't get in but some questionable others did is beyond me. Anyway. Go Maryland!!!

Posted 17 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

F**K AMERICAN IDOL!

Oh God, I f****n' hate reality TV!!! Anything from Survivor to The Bachelor(ette), to those God awful Laguna Beach and Sweet Sixteen crap! Oh God, Sweet Sixteen! Same damn thing! Spoiled a*s b*****s (some are GUYS even!) whining about the dresses they're going to wear and s**t like that and they whine and whine and make all their own drama, well F**K YOU GUYS! I DIDN'T GET A SWEET SIXTEEN AS NEARLY AS NICE AS YOU B*****S DID BUT I STILL HAD A KICK A*S TIME! And Laguna Beach, what the f**k?! What the f**k is that about? Are they just following these preppy chicks around Laguna Hills tracking all the stupid drama they have? There is enough God damn drama in the world as it is!!! I don't need to see s**t like this on top of it!

There is only one reality TV show I'll watch every once in a blue moon and that is, "Fear Factor". And I only watch that when I'm at the relative's house and everyone's crammed in the living room and I can't go outside. The only time I will give American Idol the time of day is for that one special they have where they feature the worst singers to ever show up. And I only want to see season four of The Amazing Race just so I can see Reichen Lehmkuhl. And that's about where I draw the line.

F**K REALITY TV. IF THERE'S A SCRIPT AND A DIRECTOR, IT AIN'T REAL.

Posted 17 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2008

Author

Gangster West
Gangster West

About
17, senior, going to West Virginia University in the fall. more to come more..

Writing
Love Love

A Story by Gangster West