Smokers World

Smokers World

A Story by Gangster West
"

we did a writing intensive exercise in class today in an attempt to start our papers and this is what I came up with. it's nothing I'm proud of and well, it's part of an assignment...I just got a kick out of it so I'm posting it.

"

There are a number of things that Americans choose to use as a vice to cope with everyday life. Some people choose to lose themselves in the fantasy world of television, video games or novels. Some choose to refuse to deal with society after the work day is done and lock themselves in their houses. But one of the most common ways of dealing with the mess that life throws at you is smoking. Everyone knows that smoking poses a threat to your health and can cause a number of problems such as cancer or emphysema, but there is a sort of underground to the world of smoking. Regardless of what outsiders have to say about the topic, smoking is, by far one of the most underrated social cults. If you are standing outside of a building because you have been exiled by the rest of the non-smoking world, you are guaranteed to find yourself with at least one other lonely person. Although the person is obviously pumping their bodies full of toxins with reckless abandon, there is something soft and inviting about a smoker. Being a fellow smoker it grants you the opportunity to approach other people that you may never interact with if it weren’t o your nicotine driven world. You have the ability to go up to a person in a billow of smoking and with the simple question of “can I bum a smoke?” you have an instantaneous bond with a stranger.

© 2009 Gangster West


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on April 15, 2009

Author

Gangster West
Gangster West

About
17, senior, going to West Virginia University in the fall. more to come more..

Writing
Love Love

A Story by Gangster West