It was only a dream

It was only a dream

A Story by in_love21
"

A short story i wrote awhile back ago.

"

      "Ha, ha, ha..I have you now!" Dr. J said. "You thought you could escape me? NO! Not I! Now, it's time for my wrath." 

      "If only I could escape," Henry thought to himself. There he was, lying on the mad man's table. Above him were two colossal blades swinging back and forth....back and forth. Henry was strapped down to the huge table, restrained at the hands and feet.

      A thought came to him:

        "Maybe I can pull myself loose." He tried and tried, but it seemed the harder he pulled, the tighter the straps got. The stress was rising and sweat was beading up across his forehead.

      "You have about sixty seconds left before the blades lower, chopping you in half. Any last words?" Silence arose; the only thing you could hear at that moment was the pitter-patter of the blades swinging back and forth above him. What the mad scientist didn't know was that Henry had somehow managed to free one hand from the strap, and was waiting for the right moment to unstrap his other. He thought that if he could do that, he could unstrap his legs and be free so that the last laugh was on Dr. J. Stress was rising yet again, and the temperature became unbearable; Henry blacked out.

      When he awoke, the blades were closer than ever; he could feel the breeze from them on his face. He figured he had only blacked out for a few seconds. Staring at the blades, he counted the number of seconds it took for the blades to reach their highest point, and swing back to the middle.

       "1...2...3...4," he counted. Four seconds, that was it. He began rising as soon as the blades hit their highest point. He struggled with the first strap, but luckily got it. When he went up to unstrap his feet, the first one got stuck. Henry was sitting there. He saw the first blade coming; it was going to hit him! He turned towards it, fear mounting to its highest degree. His whole body was spasmodic now. The blade was getting closer and closer until there it was, the blade, an inch from his face.

        " Henry! Wake up! It's time for school," his mother shouted. He awoke in a cold sweat, heart pounding. It took a moment for him to come back to reality. then he said to himself:

         "It was only a dream...'only a dream'" he repeated, as he fell back into his bed, absorbing the warmth and feeling of security it had posessed.

 

 

© 2011 in_love21


Author's Note

in_love21
Enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
Added on August 15, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011