Sisters with a Secret

Sisters with a Secret

A Chapter by imherslug
"

TEEN WITCHES

"

Faith and Veronica Putnam and Skyler and Sinead Delia were the run-of-the-mill high school students, until they had a difficult secret to keep that will either make them absolutely popular or make people terrified of them. These two families haven’t always been friends; it has taken a lot of time and tolerance because they had very different personalities.

**********

“Quit pushing the planchette!” exclaimed Faith to Veronica, who was using an Ouija board.

“I’m not!”

“You always push the planchette.”  Said Faith who then asked her sister, “Hey, you want another Pepsi?”

Veronica nodded.

Faith got to her feet and headed for the kitchen.

Veronica shouted to her, “What was your question?”

Faith took two sodas out of the fridge and shouted back to her, “If Mom is happy!”

Faith also rummaged around in the pantry for junk food.

Unexpectedly, the pointer shifted to the letter ‘w’ by itself.

Veronica began to get flustered, “Um, Faith?”

The pointer then moved to the letter ‘i’.

Faith responded with a bag of chips in her mouth, “What?” She took off into the living room with soda, chips, cookies, candies, and other goodies.

Veronica informed her, “The pointer moved by itself.”

Faith gave her a blank stare.

“I’m serious! It spelled ‘w’ ‘i’.”

Faith thought either she pushed the pointer or it was trying to spell ‘wimp’, but Veronica knew what Faith’s thinking.

“I hardly touched the pointer. Watch.” 

Veronica placed her fingertips on the planchette and nothing happened.

“I forgot the ice cream.” Faith walked toward the kitchen to get it.

The pointer moved to the letter ‘t’.

“It moved!”

Faith turned back around toward her paranoid sister, and then the pointer moved to the letter ‘c’.

“Did you see that?”

Faith was in disbelief, “I’m not sure what I saw.”

The pointer moved to the letter ‘h’.

“Witch. It spelled ‘witch’.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’m not dyslexic; I think I know what w, i, t, c, h spells.”  Said Veronica argumentatively.

That didn’t exactly answer Faith’s question whether her Mom is happy or not, so they tried again.

They asked the question, put their fingers on the planchette and waited for an answer. Nothing happened.

“Unbelievable. I mean I know Mom is in heaven, but I just wish I could actually see and talk to her, ya know? If she were the one controlling the board she would say yes or no. She can’t be happy without being able to talk to us.” Veronica knew exactly how she felt.

            As rain pelted on the windows and a crack of thunder erupted, the lights flickered on and off, a few times.

In the middle of the living room, they saw a fascinating, moderately bulky, antique book about the size of a dictionary.

“Where’d that come from?” Veronica asked her sister.

“I don’t know.”

They read the cover, The Book of Shadows; it shows a picture of a pentagram in the center. They opened it up to discover a witch’s diary of spells, chants, rituals and invocations.

Veronica remained a little cynical about the idea of witchcraft being in their lives. Veronica marched to her bedroom upstairs and shut the door behind her.

“Give me a break, none of this is real,” Faith said, “I’ll show you,” She read an incantation, which she thought was just an ordinary poem.

“Hear the words of witches

That holds the greatest of elements

The power of the witches rise

We will witness before our very eyes

When the most unlikely become friends

The greater the power transcends.”

She heard a shriek coming from her sister’s room, hearing her sister’s thoughts strangely, “What’s going on?” Faith pumped her arms faster and faster. She opened up the door to Veronica’s room to see no one. “Veronica? Where are you?” Faith saw a fuzzy pink pen levitating in the air with a mind of its own. “Oh, this can’t be good.” Faith’s scared, “Veronica? Is that you?” “Yes!” Said Veronica whose voice echoed. “How did this happen?” Faith explained the incantation she read in the Book of Shadows. “You mean a spell? I knew this was a bad idea. Help me, please help me, Faith.”

Faith set off back downstairs where she left the Book of Shadows and paged through the book faster and faster. “D****t! Where is it? There has to be something here.”  Faith flipped through it.  “I don’t see anything for visibility, but here’s something that sounds interesting. Elements. Earth Element would receive, Premonition: the power to see into the future or the past; Mind Reading: the power to read what people are thinking; and Levitation: the power to float into the air. Water Element would receive, Telekinesis: the power to move visible objects with your thoughts; Invisibility: the power to not be seen by anyone, Chronoseizure: the power to stop time into the direct environment, and to freeze people and objects. Air Element would receive; Glamour: the power to temporarily change appearance into another human or change clothes at a whim, Duplication: the power to copy oneself multiple times; Teleportation: the power to go from one place to another in a flash. Fire Element would receive; Sensing: the power to sense others with powers around them; Pyrokinesis: the power to set objects or people on fire; Molecular Combustion; the power to blow up things with one’s hands. Sounds like fun.” Now that Faith has experienced and witnessed true magic, there is no denying it and she knew what’s wrong, so she could tell her sister what’s up.

            Faith went back into her sister’s room, “Veronica?” “I’m over here.” Faith saw an indentation of Veronica’s butt on the bed. “I think I know what the problem is. According to the Book of Shadows there are four elements; Earth, Air, Fire and Water. Each element has certain powers. Since you turned invisible you seem to also have the powers of teleportation and Chronoseizure.” “What’s Chronoseizure?” Faith told her, “Basically, it’s stopping an object or a person. Like pretend there was a shooting, you can probably stop bullets, if that ever does happen, hopefully you would’ve learned that power before then.” Veronica didn’t think that’s very comforting. “But as of right now, I’m more concerned about being visible.” Faith wasn’t sure how to do it and so Veronica began to panic. Faith attempted to keep her sister to calm down, “Breathe!” They both inhaled and exhaled deeply as if they were doing Lamaze. “You feel okay?” “Yeah.” Faith wasn’t sure if she should call their father and ask how to make Veronica visible, she wasn’t sure if he knew about witchcraft.  Veronica told her that she overheard their parents saying something about magic a few days before their mother died. “You should call him.”  She had her father’s number on speed dial and she waited for him to pick up.  “Hello?” Faith began to speak really fast, “Hi, Dad. Um, this may sound strange, but when Veronica and I were using the Ouija Board, the lights went out and we found this book with all sorts of weird stuff inside it about witchcraft and I read something from it and now Veronica’s invisible.”  Their father on the other line exhales noisily.  “I knew this was going to happen one day.” Veronica said nervously, “What’s he saying?” Faith told her to hush up.  “Your powers are inherited.  People usually hear of only women being witches, but that’s not true.  So, let’s see.  You say your sister has the ability to become invisible?  That was from your mother and what powers do you have?”  Faith told him that she doesn’t have any. “That’s not true, sweetie.  You have powers; you always have, just, once you read the spell in the first page, your powers became active. You must not have figured out how to use them yet. Since I never had the powers to become invisible, you will have to ask your mother how to reverse it. The only way to do that is to summon her, find the spell that reads To Invoke the Spirits. I hope all goes well.”  Faith hung up the phone and told Veronica all about what their dear old dad told her. “Okay, so go find a page that told how to summon mom.” Faith opened the book and flipped through it until she found a section entitled To Invoke the Spirits as instructed. “Okay, all we need are six white candles in the form of a circle, standing inside of the circle, holding hands, and saying the spell at the same time.” The girls found six white candles, any size that they can find. Veronica asked, “A birthday candle?”  “I guess mom and dad didn’t buy candles often.” They placed them in the form of a circle as told. Faith then held out her hand, palms out so that her invisible sister could hold it. “Are you holding my hand?” Veronica responded, “Yes.” They both recited the spell at the same time.

“Guardians of the Spirit realm hear and guide our plea

When the witching hour rings true, bring our mother to see.

Other souls who hear our call are not welcome in this place.

Only the one known as Sally Putnam may enter our sacred space.”

Suddenly, a transparent figure of their mother appeared without a wound from her car accident she once had that killed her, she looked good as new.  Their mother was so happy that she finally got to speak to her kids after all the years, well one of them, she wasn’t sure where Veronica was. “Right here, mom!” Once again, invisible Veronica was holding an object levitated in the middle of the room.  “Oh dear.  I see you have discovered your power?”  Veronica told her, “Yes and I would like to be visible again.”  “Alright.  I’ve been dead for so long it’s hard to remember much about my powers that I haven’t used since I was alive. Let me think. Veronica, have you felt like being invisible at all today?” She began to ponder about what she had done throughout the entire day until she finally remembered, “Yeah, Stacy Becker made me feel super embarrassed.”  “Maybe that caused it.  Since you felt like being invisible, you clearly became invisible. So now all you have to do is think of something happy.”  Veronica began to think of Stacy getting a taste of her own medicine and Stacy, being the one feeling humiliated. Suddenly, Veronica was visible again.  “You girls are so beautiful.” She took a minute to look at her young, mature witches, and they look at their mother, wishing that she wasn’t dead, “I wish I can stay, but it seems as though I have done my job. I love you girls. Blessed be.”  Their mom vanished into the spirit world, Veronica felt happy that she saw her mom but sad because the visit lasted for a short while, she began to tear. Faith hugged her sister. “Think of the bright side, at least now you can spy on others and copy answers to tests.”



© 2009 imherslug


Author's Note

imherslug
IGNORE GRAMMAR PROBLEMS, LOOKING FOR CRITICISMS AND SUGGESTIONS

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
Added on February 10, 2009
Last Updated on February 10, 2009


Author

imherslug
imherslug

not telling, IL



About
Not too much to know more..