High Fashion

High Fashion

A Story by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Greed over money!

"

     Monica Larsen was one of the riches girls in HollyWood.  She had enough green dough to live a life of luxury.  She lived with her parents in a 2 story house on the outskirts of HollyWood.  She wore designer clothes and drove an expensive car, nothing but the best for Monica Larsen.  She is a snob and knows it. 

     She pulled up in front of her favorite Boutique Joy B.  She needed a cocktail dress for an up coming party.  She slid her Gucci shades to top of her head.  People were already staring with green envy faces.  A store clerk headed toward her the moment she entered the door.  They knew what she was worth and was always ready to do serious sucking up.  Monica loved the attention.

     "How may I help you Miss?" The clerk asked in a polite, business matter.

     Monica turned and faced the sales clerk with distaste.  Her appearance appalled her.  "Where is Lilly?" Monica asked. 

     "Lilly is on break," the clerk said. Whose name is Susan.

     "Look whoever you are I expect to be waited on by someone with class."

     Susan squared her shoulders and cleared her throat.  "As you wish," she said between clinched teeth.

     She did not have to wait long before Lilly came from the break room.  "Monic darling, how are you?"

     "Fabulous now that you're here," Monica giggled.  "I need a cocktail dress.

     Lilly helped her find a beautiful mint greensleeveless dress that brought out her eyes.   It also blended well with her cream colored skin.  She found pale green CutesyGirl shoes that went best with her dress.  She also bought a david Yurman rope metal design ring with a stunning olive green diamond with matching earrings.  Green beaded bracelet she just could not resist was her final purchase.  Why should she resist anything?  She could afford what ever she wanted.

     Monica had spent 4000$ in one day.  She could just hear her father now.  "Young lady, I did not raise you to waste money," he would say gruffly. "You need to be more responsible," he would continue.  She did not care about  responsibility.

     She loved her life.  There was people out there that would love to live in her shoes.  She saw their sickly green faces every day.  Green was her favorite color, especially the green color of money.  God she loved being filthy rich.  Monica pulled up in the driveway.  She could smell the freshly cut green grass as it drifted in the summer breeze.

     Monica left her purchases in the car and went in search for Carl their butler.  "Carl!" She yelled as she walked in the front door.

     "Young lady, come into my office," Greg Larsen her father ordered. 

     Monica braced herself for the lecture.  "Yes daddy?"

     Doreen Larsen her mother stood behind her husband.  "I suppose you have been spending my money like crazy again?" He asked in a harsh tone.  "Well today is the end of that!" He bellowed.

     Apprehension settled in Monica's stomach.  She had the distinct feeling her life was about to take a drastic change for the worse.

    

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Story for th 500 world group!
We had to write about green, I may add a part two or make a novel into this story!
tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the story. You create a greedy young woman. Made her cold and heartless. I like the way you ended the story. Old father will take away the free run of money. Thank you for a excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good shot..!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago




Posted 13 Years Ago


this is a good story and I agree, would like to see where you can take this character...very well constructed...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Spoiled and selfish, makes one wonder if father is able to control this self-contained egomaniac. I have my doubts, but I am eager to read where you take this character. A good beginning that needs more development that was constrained by your 500 word limit.

Good read!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great story for such a great lesson!! And yeah, I think you should add onto it!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
TJ
Yea this is definitely a beginning and should be added to. Does she get cut off? Does she get kicked out? What does she do?
It leaves us with so many questions

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reminds me of the Archie cartoon veronica Lodge. Really good read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Awesome story! She really is a princess and sounds like she's about to lose her crown...daddy's had enough! I really enjoyed this!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

694 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 9, 2011
Last Updated on June 11, 2011
Tags: Money, Clothes, Snob

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..