Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Ashdeep Kaur

             The Tusacara Woods Book #1

                 Prologue   

    I knew it was out there. I just didn’t want to believe that it was. I could hear it panting and its paws thud on the forest floor. The only problem, what was it? I thought about the type of animals that would live in a peculiar forest like this. A bear? No. A wolf. The word turned over in my mind until it didn’t make sense anymore. Up until now, I used to love wolves. I thought they were the most graceful yet fierce creatures in the animal kingdom. I was wrong.
    They must be the most bloodthirsty and menacing brutes ever right behind tigers and sharks. Well, it seemed like that now.
    I could hear the steps getting closer. But don’t wolves travel in packs? I wasn’t sure if I was having a reverie or not, but it sounded as if more paws had joined the hunt. I thought being under this oak tree was safe and secure, but now it was the most hazardous place on earth. Should I run for it? No. This thing must have been stalking me for hours. Getting up from under this tree would just expose me and get me in more danger.
    I sat as still as a stone, just staring at the perpetual darkness ahead of me in this gloomy wood. The footsteps were very close now. The pack must be right behind my tree. Their panting got louder. It got so loud, I almost screamed before I bit my tongue to stop myself. It was right there. Right next to me. All I could see was the large pink tongue, but I could feel the warm husky breath in my ear. This must have been the leader, the alpha male. I could picture it in my mind. A large gray wolf standing right next to me, seeking its prey.
    Then a horrible thought struck me. I had just found out that there are such things as magical creatures and monsters. What if this wasn’t an ordinary wolf. What if it was a werewolf? I could picture the creature breathing in my ear with large muscles, dead yellow eyes, and teeth bigger than a water gallon. It was then that I found out I wasn’t breathing at all. I just listened to the horrid creature pause between breaths to suck its long tongue in and I listened to my heart beat loud and wildly in my chest.
    I shut my eyes. I knew I was going to die. I never realized something like this would happen to me. Death was something I was sure God would protect me from. No matter what, I never could picture myself dying. But I didn’t want to know. I only shut my eyes so the last thing I would see in my life was not going to be a starving werewolf lunging at me.
    I was in desperate need of air. Why not breathe? I was going to die anyway, so what was the point? It took a couple of seconds, but I managed to exhale. I was then shocked at what I heard and saw next.           



© 2008 Ashdeep Kaur


Author's Note

Ashdeep Kaur
This is a boy speaking not a girl, just to clarify that. please tell me what u think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i read your prologue..and it is appreciable...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Added on December 24, 2008


Author

Ashdeep Kaur
Ashdeep Kaur

Fontana



About
I love to read, write, play guitar, and listen to music. I really want to become a great author and even get a movie made about one of my books. more..

Writing