Airport 6

Airport 6

A Chapter by roscoe
"

Rose's point of view

"
Rose sat staring out the window, imagining the snow that would never arrive. Such a depressing time of the year, really, winter with no snow. Just cold temperatures and icy streets. If it were not for Portland just across the bridge she would have left home a long time ago, perhaps chasing her friend Brandi overseas to fulfill her dream of becoming a fashion model. Or maybe she might have kept Chris to herself a little while longer, might have kept him from leaving or least promising to wait for his return...Justin was kissing her neck, just then, interrupting the still, peaceful thoughts of future plans never realized. She smiled, an honest smile, not just for his benefit but because she loved the feeling of his kisses on her neck, of being loved by someone else. She turned and wrapped her arms around him.
"What should we do today?" She asked. "Even with the cold weather, we should still go do something."
"Well, what did you have in mind?" Justin answered, pausing to meet her gaze.
"We could go for a walk? I know it's cold, but I just can't stand the thought of lying here all day, not even trying to get out of the house."
"Ah, it's so cold outside, how about we drive somewhere instead? Maybe go to a movie, or have something to eat?"
Justin didn't much seem interested in going anywhere at all, he had resumed kissing her neck, and was working his way down her open collar to her exposed chest. She allowed him to roam freely, as she stared out the window again. Chris used to take her for walks around the neighborhood, to the simple downtown shops or the park around the corner. He didn't mind the cold, and his grasp had always been warm and secure when she put her hand with his.
She was dreaming now. She must have nodded to sleep, between memories of more fulfilling times and Justin's slow and steady hands. She was walking into a Starbucks cafe across from the main park in downtown Vancouver. Chris was there waiting for her, seated at a corner table opposite a single, empty chair. It was December 26th, she remembered, and she had asked him to meet her there so she could break things off properly, in person. Ever since he told her of his decision to enlist, it weighed on her, it kept her up at night, she cried for reasons that would never even matter but for the mere possibilities, she cried anyway. After today, though, she could leave it all behind, he would leave and whether or not he came back, she would no longer have to care.
The table wobbled a bit, as she sat down and applied pressure to the tabletop. He was dressed casually, and with a seriousness in his stare that suggested he had figured out why they were there. She spoke first, and her words were merciless in cutting him down. He sat in silence, taking the brunt of the message with an obvious amount of pain. It was almost as if he wanted a pen and paper, in order to take notes, to organize the shortcomings of their relationship into a workable solution that he might present to her and win back her favor. But nothing of the sort was going to happen. She stood up, turned around, and collected herself before walking to the door. He had not said a single word. Once outside, she realized she had to pass back by the window centered on where he was still seated inside. She looked forward, but saw out of the corner of her eye that he had not moved, he was staring straight down at the tabletop as if still trying to comprehend what had just happened. Clearing her throat, she continued on without further pause. 


© 2014 roscoe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on December 13, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2014


Author

roscoe
roscoe

Portland, OR



About
Beginning writer. more..

Writing
No context No context

A Story by roscoe


Delayed 1 Delayed 1

A Chapter by roscoe


Delayed Delayed

A Book by roscoe