Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by iFaux
"

I wanted to go back in time, stop myself from depression. Between revolting actions, they took over my mind in a possessive manner.

"

“Au-gust the nine-teenth….” I sounded out as I wrote the date on my class work sheet. It was quiet, unlike the usual social hours. No one in class ever did their homework mostly because the teacher didn’t care. Until he gave that long speech about becoming worthless pieces of fools walking around the earth speaking trash. He had a point; we should be more dedicated and responsible unless we really want to end up like that. Sadly, it takes more than just a spitted speech to move these pimple faced slackers. 


My junior year was pretty hectic, I was class president. The only thing that made me, Brooke Bianchi noticeable.


The class room kept quiet, a high pitch noise of erasers pressing against lined papers tensed my ears delicately. A sudden rush of fresh air filled the room, coming from the widely opened white rimmed window. From instinct of peace my head rose up just in time to catch a breeze of my own.


“Brookie…” Someone whispered.


I turned around in search for the missing face to the voice.


“Brookie…” It whispered again, this time bolder.


I looked to the far left of the room; the voice was coming from Evan.


“What is it?” I whispered back looking to see if the teacher had noticed.


“It’s Chase, he wants to see you afterschool.” Evan replied flipping his hair to the side.


I nodded my head, looked back at the teacher’s desk and turned to my unfinished class work. I need to finish this class work; I can’t afford to sleep at 12a.m anymore. I have to take care of my thirteen year old brother who still thinks he’s a little kid wearing pajamas watching Clifford the Big Red Dog on a Sunday morning.  On top of that I have to cook dinner for when mom arrives, she’s always tired and in pain. I don’t complain, better yet I like cooking. I’m not much of a cleaner but I do my best, as long as my family is happy with who I am then nothing else worries me.


“Crap...” I whispered to myself. My pencil just broke. I checked my purse for another pencil. No pencil, just a pen. I was doing a trigonometry worksheet, not exactly hard stuff if you study. But pen doesn’t work for me, I erase a lot of my mental thinking, without a pencil I’m worthless.


“Here” Elise stared at me as I stared back; she held a pencil up to my face. I grabbed it and thanked her.


I finished my class work in less than a minute before the bell rang.


“Here you go Elisa and thanks again.” I smiled brightly and handed Elisa her pencil back. She nodded and walked out of class.  Chase walked swiftly up to me.


“Brookie, I know your heading out to meet Chase, just be careful I don’t think it’s safe for you to meet him behind the football field.” Evan frowned then sighed. I stared at him for three whole seconds.


“Why behind the football field?” I asked sternly. I never met Chase there, and why is it not safe? He’s my best friend.


“I don’t know, I overhead him talking to his football friends about crashing at someone’s sixteenth birthday, you know how badly those end.” Evan kept staring at me. I took out my phone and shook it in front of his face.


“I’ll just text you if that’s what you’re worried about silly.” I patted his shoulder and walked out. Nothing could possibly go wrong; I’ve got my car, my phone, and most of all my brain.

                                                     ~ ~ ~


I stuffed my book bag in the trunk and headed out to the football field. The smell of freshly cut grass was amazing. I loved that smell. I’m an ecofriendly girl, nature’s my thing. I looked around for Chase; I walked farther behind the field.


“Where is he?” I said to myself. I looked around a few more times, and then I decided to walk back to the car. Once I made it back to the car I sat on the front.


“I wonder why he didn’t show up. Was it important?” I asked myself and shrugged. That’s when I saw him, Chase. He was running towards me, breathing roughly.


“I’m " so sorry- Brookie. Football prac-tice just ended.” I watched him try to catch his breath. He finally caught it and smiled at me. I smiled back politely.


“So what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?” I asked and stood up from the car. He stared at me.


“Well..?” I stared at the field then back at him.


“I wanted to ask you if you’d be my date to homecoming.” He kept smiling at me kindly. Chase is smart, athletic, and pretty chilled out when he’s not getting drunk with his friends. I disliked that side of him; I wanted him to be happy without being stupid. I stared at him once again then at the trees who were playing a long with the wind.


“Sure. Saturday right?” I laughed. He laughed a long and gazed at me.


“Yeah, Saturday.” He kept looking at me, I looked back. His nice tanned skinned blended perfectly with his glazed green eyes. His hair gelled into a perfect spike. I snapped out of the thought, remembering Omar who should be getting out of Middle School shortly.


“I have to go, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I hugged him as he hugged me back. We stared at each other and I turned to my car. Chase walked away, I stared at him. I felt like slapping my eyeballs.


“Come on Brooke, get yourself together.”I tormented myself all the way to Omar’s school. One thing I wasn’t sure of, that I remembered later on, is why did Evan say Chase wasn’t up to any good? After all, he only asked me to homecoming.

 



© 2010 iFaux


Author's Note

iFaux
Hope you enjoy, please review.
Don't worry about grammar or corrections I'll work on that once I finish.
Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

An interesting first chapter! I really liked your style of writing in this piece, and thought that it suited both the characters and the plot really well. The dialogue was captivating and realistic, and I liked the fact that the characters sounded as though they were my friends/classmates from my own high school. The only suggestion I would make is to be really careful that your story doesn't become cliched, because right now, the suspense and mystery around your plot line is something that is really effective, and I wouldn't want that to be lost beneath any old typical high school drama. :P A great start to your book,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank you so much, I'll be sure to look over those details.
:D

Posted 13 Years Ago


An interesting first chapter! I really liked your style of writing in this piece, and thought that it suited both the characters and the plot really well. The dialogue was captivating and realistic, and I liked the fact that the characters sounded as though they were my friends/classmates from my own high school. The only suggestion I would make is to be really careful that your story doesn't become cliched, because right now, the suspense and mystery around your plot line is something that is really effective, and I wouldn't want that to be lost beneath any old typical high school drama. :P A great start to your book,
~PaperHearts

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2010
Last Updated on October 15, 2010
Tags: love, sorrow, sadness, dignity, dating, dreams, paper airplanes, analogy


Author

iFaux
iFaux

InYoCar, FL



About
Free website - Powered By Wix.com more..

Writing