The Train Ride Home

The Train Ride Home

A Story by BlueShadow

The Train Ride Home


Anna was with her dad, Jeremy, when the incident happened. She was outside with her dad when a lightning bolt struck her dad and killed him immediately through cardiac arrest. Jeremy was killed on the spot and couldn’t even breathe after the lightning hit him. Anna fell to the ground and tried to resuscitate her dad by pushing  on his chest. When even that couldn’t do anything, Anna started sobbing and decided to call 911 for emergency help. The police came and saw Anna with her father on the ground and decided to declare him dead. Anna was saddened by the experience and went back home. The funeral was to be held at Village Palms, Rhode Island where she would attend the funeral along with her friends and her dad’s friends. It was going to be a long train ride over there.

Anna sat in the middle car of the express train to Village Palms and wondered to herself if this train ride was ever going to end. To her, it seemed like a very long train ride that went on forever. Anna was sitting down in the seat next to the window and watched the grasses, lakes, and bridge fly on by. Anna decided to get up and go to the bathroom and return back. When she returned she sat down and looked at the window and saw a beautiful lake that was the largest she had seen on the train ride yet. The lake was extremely beautiful and so picturesque blue. When the train crossed the bridge and finally passed the lake she felt an overwhelming sadness because she couldn’t see it anymore. The train was almost at Village Palms.

Anna left the train and went outside to get to the train station. It was crowded beyond belief and was so packed with people that it was hard even to walk. Once she got outside the train station, Anna became very happy and decided to return back to her family’s cottage in Village Palms.
The funeral was long and sad, but Anna maintained her hope and joy throughout the funeral and remembered how proud her father would have been to see her here. Anna simply closed her eyes and went on a mental journey back to the place she was born in. She was never saddened about her dad ever again.

© 2020 BlueShadow


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on April 28, 2020
Last Updated on April 29, 2020
Tags: father, grief, coping, loss

Author

BlueShadow
BlueShadow

Gainesville, FL



About
Hello! I am a Korean-American man who wrote BlueShadow because I love the English language's look, sound, and feel. I loved writing BlueShadow because I love writing in general. In BlueShado.. more..

Writing
Crazy Crazy

A Poem by BlueShadow