Untitled Chapter 7 (Horror Movie)

Untitled Chapter 7 (Horror Movie)

A Chapter by holly-maria

I try to ignore Michael for the rest of the day and it works out okay, because he doesn’t speak another word to me. He’s just around every corner I turn. Even when I pull into the movie theater parking lot after school to meet Amy, Alyssa, Selena Chelsie and Chelsie’s pushover boyfriend, Niel.
    Chelsie and Niel are walking ahead of Alyssa, Amy, Selena and me.
    “Looks who’s here.” Alyssa says and when I glance around, I see Michael standing five people behind us in the line to buy our tickets.
    “What are the odds.” Amy says, shooting me a look.
    I ignore her and pull eight dollars from my silver wallet and collect from Amy, Alyssa, and Selena. “Four please.”
    When we get into the theater, I order a holy-s**t sized Sprite and wait for Selena to grab her usual cup of jalapeños and we go into theater twelve, feeling it when Michael takes a seat somewhere behind us.
    I’d always been the most scared during horror movies until Selena started hanging out with us. She sits slouched in her seat with her feet up on the chair up on the back of the chair in front of us so that her knees are so high in the air that she can’t see over them. Chelsie and Niel are talking to each other--or fighting because that’s what their usually doing--not even watching the movie. Alyssa is totally into the movie, staring wide-eyed, not even paying attention to anyone else. Amy and I are leaning towards each other totally freaked out, screaming every time something scary happens and it’s the most fun I’ve had since last Thursday.
    Usually the night we see a good scary movie, Amy and I will have a sleep over, but I’ve got a load of homework to do tonight so I head home and she sleep over at Alyssa’s house instead.
    
***

    I switch the wipers on, but even at top speed, they can’t keep up with the hammering rain and driving at night in the rain isn’t easy to do, especially when I’ve only had my license for half a year.
    A cold feeling is prickling up the back of my neck. It feels like I’m being followed or like someone is going to pop out of the back seat and kill me, but there’s no one there. There are no headlights in the rearview mirror. No cars ahead. The town is empty of people.
    I hear the impact before registering the dark figure that bangs against the hood of my car.
    On impulse, I slam my breaks and my car comes to a screeching halt.
    The figure rolls and disappears over the edge of the hood.
    I can feel the tears of panic and fear building in my eyes and my breath is coming out in short quick gasps.
    He’s crouched a few feet away, watching me, not at all injured. He looked about twenty-five and completely solid--not a shadow as he gets to his feet, closing the distance between us. He flattens his palms to the diver’s-side window. Our eyes connect and his mouths twists into a lethal smile.
    He pounds the glass of the window and I scream.
    My car had stalled. I start the car, trying to shove it into first gear, pushing on the gas pedal, and releasing the clutch. The engine revs and died.
    Why’d Dad have to buy me a standard car?!
    He keeps pounding and pounding until at last the glass cracks, but does break.
    I turn the engine over again, but am distracted by a metallic groan. I watch in horror as the door begins to bow. He’s…tearing it off. And suddenly the door is gone and I scream as I fumble to unhitch my seat belt and scrambled into the passenger seat.
    And then suddenly the guy is gone. He’d been tackled out of the way by someone.
    Breathing shakily and crying, I swing open the passenger door of my Bug and clamber out of the car. Remembering, I grab for my Blackberry in the cup holder, but when I turn to run, not even taking time to look for the guy, I ram into someone, screaming the instant I realize it. I struggle for a moment, but it’s no use. This guy is just too strong--my blows don’t move him an inch.
    “Lia!”
    I stop struggling when I recognize the voice.
    “Michael?”
    It’s strange--how instantaneously the choking fear vanishes and how suddenly a feeling of security washes over me.
    He’s gripping my arms tightly, just above my elbows to keep me from struggling.
    I turn from him to see Erin. She’s got the guy’s arms pinned behind his back. Gabby has…Gabby has giant, white, feathery wings coming out of her back as she pounces on the man and twists his head sharply, breaking his neck.
    The shadow shoots up out of him and into the sky. No sooner, Erin shoots up after him, her dark wings beating once and she’s already a hundred feet up in the air.
    I look at back at Michael, but I barely feel the movement of my head which feels lights and my face tingles.
    “Lia?” He asks, his face concerned. “Are you alright?”


© 2010 holly-maria


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Scary-stories/10712/
please submit to the contest(:

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

269 Views
1 Review
Added on May 29, 2010
Last Updated on May 29, 2010


Author

holly-maria
holly-maria

Pearl City, HI



About
16 year old living in pearl city hawaii. i'm a summer girl. i like things simple and i hate drama, even though it has its way of finding me. i'm moody during the winter because things are usually fall.. more..

Writing