Rid Me Of Sin

Rid Me Of Sin

A Story by H
"

"Please be the one to rid me of this sin i cower in, be the one to teach love…Hikari."

"
-So i like how i began it but then it slowly started to suck in my opinion ughhh oh well, this is for a comic/screenplay im working on. 
Rid Me Of Sin

Frown marks stretched visibly down the corners of his mouth strengthening the gloomy aura surrounding the young man.  Light Snow dusted his broad shoulders contrasting greatly with the black coat that guarded his paling skin from the chill in the london air.  His black locks fell in perfect ringlets around his heart-shaped face with specs of the white perspiration caught in the strands.  Despite all of his enchanting features only one thing caught a strangers eye if they happened to pass by. This man's eyes.  The blue hue of them shone like florescent lights sparkling with gold flakes around his pupils.  


The eyes stared coldly upon the young girl's flushed face while her foot barely dangled from the end of the rocky cliff, his lace gloved hand wrapped tightly around her coated wrist.  His fingers felt bony through the thin fabric causing them to slighty agitate her skin through the coat sleeve that covered her thin arms.  


"What do you think your doing young lady?" He spoke with a relatively cool pace at nothing more than above a whisper.  The girl's eye's widened at the coarse words that slightly echoed in her ears, her wrist tensed in his long fingers as a thought of escaping the strangers grasp crossed her mind.  His eyebrows furrowed downward into a stricken look at her shift strengthening his hold on the her thin wrist.  


"I-I-I…." Her voice rasped out in an unattractive hiss must to her distaste.  Her eyes searched his face for a response only to see a glassy look overpower the man's subtle appreance.  Dark circles were clearly evident underneath his lower lids she noted, this man had been through something terrible, a tragedy much like herself.  


"A young  girl such as yourself should not be wondering alone in the outskirts of London," his fingers twitched lightly on her smooth wrist causing her to jump slightly.  


"I-I'm not that young! I don't need you!"  Her english held a heavy japanese accent mixing in with the fury she was trying to convey to the man grasping her.  His lips lifted into a sly smirk though behind his eyes there was sincere sympathy casting down on the girl.


"Don't try to convince such lies onto yourself child, you are in fact not suitable to travel by yourself." The girl casted her glance downward shielding her flushing face with light strands of dark curls, she had forgotten that her locks had been cut.  The man pursed his lips sighing as he furrowed his eyebrows into deep concentration.


"If….If you agree to such an ordeal i am planning i will release you ok?" The words were shaken as if they were forced out of the man's cherry lips.  The girl did not budge not daring to show this stranger the satisfaction of her listening to him.  


"You and me will travel together, that way I can assure myself that you are not in harm." The girl groaned slightly at the idea, this man was a freak of nature.  His eyebrows raised at her slight voice of protest though he knew that would be the response he would get.  

"If you disagree with me, then I shall be forced to drag you to a foster home and i can assure you will not enjoy that."  A hint of anger tore into the lucid words he spoke causing the girl to lift her eyes out through the strands to stare up at his frowning face.  Unknown to her she was slightly nodding along with his words as if she were agreeing.


His eyes brightened at her actions, light tears were budding in the corners of his crystal eyes.  For once in his life the feeling of promise was overwhelming his senses and clouding his judgement.  "O-ok then b-but before we depart you have to promise me something."  The girls eyes widened in realization but kept her lips shut in hope that he would call off the plan.  


"You have to promise to never abandon me for i will do the same for you."  The words tasted sour on his tongue, no one had ever kept that unsaid promise to him before.  The girl shaked slightly from her quiet whimpers under his fingers, she didn't respond.  Pain began to burn in his heart as he watched the girl shift her head upward to face him with those icy eyes that melted him.


"I-I promise sir." Sincerity poured out of the rings of blue from her iris's looking straight at the man still holding her captive by his lanky fingers.  Her face was wet from weeping out of fear.  The man slowly let his fingers slide off her now red wrist as he swiftly turned his back to her shielding the tears flowing down his cheeks.


"Alright then, lets get going." His black boots crunched the dry snow and spoiled leaves as he walk mechanically forward praying the child behind him would follow his mindless lead.  The soft rustles brushing from his back indicated she was still with him following at a cautious pace.  Silence surrounded the duo as they manovoured the broken trail leading them hopefully to downtown London.


"My name is Hikari by the way."  Her sudden words stopped the boy in his lucid steps, her broken english was hard to understand but he had known what she spoke was a name.  His eyes snapped shut while thoughts of being truthful with his name circulated his mind.


"Ava Alice."  His head shifted to the side to slightly glance at the girl behind him, she had her hands bundled up to her face while her thin body was shivering from the cool breeze.  He smiled at the sight she truly did look as angelic as she did back in her hospital bed not that she would know he had been keeping an eye on her there as well. They continued walking in silence with a new comfort overwhelming both.


Hikari avoid gazing at Ava's back as they trudged forward to the unknown, she wanted to touch him and cry on his chest though she knew that would be inconsiderate for she barely knew the man.  Her fingers unwound from the tight grasp on her scarf and began to dangle in front of her half way reaching Ava's ajar hand hanging by his side.  She knew contact with him would probably throw his opinion of her away and she would once again be alone searching for a way to find her father.  The tips of her soft fingers brushed across his rough palm before fully grasping it into a hand hold.  Ava jolted to a stop at the sudden contact.  Hikari glanced downwards avoiding eyes with him if he looked back at her.  He was breathing deeply before forcing his feet to move forward, not releasing his grasp on the young girls hand.  Hikari sighed at the warmth emitting from the man's palm against hers, though they were both gloved.  She pondered if he was anger or content with her action of bonding and if he was no signs were showing for either.


Out of Hikari's point of view, the man who held the angel's hand was quivering slightly from sobbing silently from the happiness that filled him.


"Please be the one to rid me of this sin i cower in, be the one to teach love…Hikari." 

© 2012 H


Author's Note

H
:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for sharing this story. I had to read a second time. I like the human feel and the desire/emotion of the story. I like the characters and the description of the situation. Last line is a powerful and beautiful statement. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

465 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 27, 2012
Last Updated on February 27, 2012

Author

H
H

London, United Kingdom



About
Name: H Age: 15 I really do hate how i write but i just do it to pass time now and then. When i get reviews i get really nervous and do not check them until someone else convinces me too and prac.. more..

Writing
Nor Did I Nor Did I

A Story by H


Sinful Angel Sinful Angel

A Story by H