Dead end

Dead end

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 21st book and thriller A Two Edged Sword, our of chapter 24; to be published in the near future.

"

Dead end

A Two Edged Sword

An excerpt

The international hospital was still the only safe haven for the Islamic State leaders, which were posted in the Islamic State capitol and its surroundings, whenever they reached the hospital. The temporary Caliph al-Iraqi was safe in the bunker, and the dying Caliph on his death bed, in the adjoining bed room. But al-Iraqi rushed upwards at every close bombardment, and joined al-Anbari in the communication room or al-Anbari's office. The fear of being buried alive, in case of a direct hit on the hospital drove him out from the bunker.

'I thought of coming down when the bombardments were getting nearer.' Al-Anbari welcomed him with a wry smile.

'They didn't dare up till now to attack the hospital directly, but we may  be hit with a stray bomb; or even directly and they'll say sorry we didn't mean to, as it did happen many a time before.' Was al-Iraqi's answer, he did not want to expose his fear of being buried alive in the bunker, and decided to change the subject.

'Are there any news from Manbij or Fallujah?'

'No there're no news not even from the Chechen in Mosul, or al-Jaheishi in Kirkuk; we're cut off I'm afraid, and it isn't just Fallujah that is under siege but all of us; all the news that I'm able to gather are through the enemy's television channels and their radio announcements.'

'Yes we've exchanged a few words about our current situation last night already, and we must find a solution to that threatening situation.'

'Shouldn't we summon all the other Shura council members, who are in Ar-Raqqa and its surroundings, to estimate the current situation and find a suitable solution? There's a lull in the airstrikes right now, so what do you say al-Iraqi?'

'No al-Anbari they must stay at the fronts with their brave men, when they're needed…' He simply could not add the reason for his decision, and thus admit openly their desperate situation.

'We're stuck and we can't join forces and thus reinforce a certain front, let's say order for instance al-Jaheishi in Kirkuk to retreat to Mosul; or move a motorized force to reinforce Fallujah… But we must find a way to send a force of about a regiment to Haji in Tabqa, we can't lose Tabqa… We must send a messenger to Haji and see how he's doing, and what we can do to help him as the infidels advance with the Russian air support is still very slow; and if we wish to repulse them, we must reinforce Haji's forces in Tabqa and its surroundings.'

'Alright I'll send a messenger to Haji, and we'll have to contact with our comrades with messengers too, as the infidels have blocked our email accounts. Is there anything that you wish to tell our comrades and our brave men, at the southern and northern fronts?' Al-Anbari asked while clearing his throat several times.

Both of them were aware to the worsening conditions of the situation, all over what was left of the Islamic State; but they did not dare to talk about it openly, and they sat opposite each another ignoring each other's eyes.

We can't win without an air force that would defend us from the coalition and Russian planes, two years ago when we established our Caliphate there were no coalition air planes in the skies above our heads; and it was so easy to defeat the Iraqi cowardice army and the Syrians as well. As long as the Turks were on our side we could stand the airstrikes, and if we would have had anti aircraft missiles we could have beaten the coalition air planes too… Well the truth is we didn't give many thoughts to possible setbacks or merciful Allah to total defeat. We should have known better that we won't last without an air force or anti air missile batteries at least, we believed that the American and European infidels won't intervene… He thought despaired and worried.

'What do say on the successful operation over there in America?'

'It's heroic no doubt and successful, but it won't repeat itself just like Al-Qaeda's nine eleven al-Anbari, it wasn't above a symbolic act despite its exceptional greatness. What could've helped us is a wave of bloodshed all over Europe, and the fact that our dormant cells over there are idle disappoints me.'

'But you as our Caliph must have thought of some way in which we've to carry on, haven't you al-Iraqi?'

'We must wait and see if we'll be able to force our way southward into the northern empty vast desert of Saudi Arabia, or else fight up to our death.'

 Haim Kadman 2016 �" all rights reserved.

 

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

346 Views
Added on June 14, 2016
Last Updated on June 14, 2016
Tags: Suspense, intelligence, action, adventure

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman