An exceptional solution

An exceptional solution

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of the thriller Identity Conflict.

"

An exceptional solution

Identity Conflict

An excerpt

Boronsky's sensational evidence reached the foreign ministry in Moscow without delay, and the foreign minister summoned the defense minister and the SVR head to an urgent meeting.

'I've bad news,' the foreign minister warned his two colleagues. 'The project must be delayed and might even be cancelled.' He added and coughed slightly.

'What's the problem Your Excellency?' The SVR head asked with wonder. He was sure that the responsibility burden was too much to bear, to those spineless creatures in the foreign office. But hardly a few seconds passed when he realized how wrong he is.

'It's a twofold problem,' the foreign minister remarked with much patience. 'The problem's first part is the disappearance of the agent Alex Garin, he left the hideout apartment on Christmas eve after he drugged his partner; and she's the source that the San Francisco consulate SVR team has in the San Francisco FBI center, He took her mobile, locked her in and got rid of her mobile and of his own somewhere in San Francisco.' He made a short pause and watched intently the dumbfounded SVR head.

'The problem's second part is the fact that the West Coast resident agent kept that grave development from center's knowledge.'

'It was your Idea to send that ex CIA agent to join the San Francisco consulate SVR team, and to use him as the project's main element.' The defense minister scolded the SVR head. 'He might have defected to his old masters…'

'But he isn't aware to his part in the project, he doesn't know the slightest thing about it; and I don't believe that he turned to any of the American secret services, he's a deserter and hides somewhere in the United States and we'll find him… But who informed the ministry Your Excellency the details of this grave case?' The SVR head turned to the foreign minister, doing his best to get the defense minister off his back.

'On the morning of Christmas day Garin's operator called him but there was no answer, he met his superiors the resident agent and his deputy in the consulate and while they discussed the matter, a messenger brought a letter from the agent that shared the hideout apartment with him, and the news that Garin disappeared.' The foreign minister made a short pause, coughed slightly with a clear hint how grave the situation is; and waited for possible comments, from any of his two prominent colleagues. But the short silence that ensued was kept on by his colleagues.

'The resident agent's decision was to keep this grave development as a secret between the three of them, and he nominated Garin's operator as Garin's replacement. Well this operator Boronsky his name, flew to Washington as soon as he was asked to leave the consulate, and reported the case's details to our ambassador.'

'We'd wait and not draw any conclusions yet.' The defense minister declared decisively.

'Do you want to say that the project is still viable?' The foreign minister expressed his amazement, while watching the defense minister with a quizzical stare.

'It depends if Garin is in hiding, and didn't get in touch with his old cronies or the FBI. What's your opinion Vlad, what do you think?' The defense minister turned to the SVR head.

'He's hiding somewhere and I don't believe that he'll dare to get in touch with them, he's a traitor from their point of view, and he know quite well what expects him if he'll turn to them.'

'Alright then the project is still feasible unless some drastic change will take place, we'll let the resident agent to carry his alternative plan; and we'll replace him and his deputy after the project successful accomplishment, the operator what's his name, Boronsky? Will obey the resident agent, I don't doubt his loyalty although I don't know him at all. But you must send a team to silence Garin.

'That's exactly what we'll do Your Excellencies.' The SVR head promised his two prominent colleagues.

© Haim Kadman 1.10.16 �" all rights reserved.

#mystery #suspense #thrillers #love #books #absorbing #read #novels by author Haim #Kadman

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2016 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1138 Views
Added on January 10, 2016
Last Updated on January 10, 2016
Tags: #suspense, # thriller, #action, #espionae, #adventure, #mystery, #conspiracy, #treason#suspense

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman