Kolya

Kolya

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 19th book Identity Conflict.

"

Kolya

"Identity Conflict"

An excerpt

When the limo reached the headquarters building, Alina told to get off and he had to return to his suite all alone.

A middle aged stranger was sitting in his suite's living room when he entered, the stranger stood as Alex walked towards him. A heavy set type of medium height with a bald head, his light blue eyes radiated a curious look as if he was weighing Alex's potential.

'My name is Kolya and I'm your temporary guide and operator Alex.'

'I'm glad to know you Kolya.' He replied to his new guide dryly with a clear note of disappointment, as his aspirations to see Alina one more time faded with a sudden realization blow.

'Let's sit down Alex and learn to know each other, although our time together is limited.' Kolya said and putting gently his hand on Alex shoulder, led him to one of the armchairs.

'So do tell me who you're Alex, where you're from and what's your education?'

As they've cut my stay with Alina in Kazan after a rather short while, his task is to check how well or ill I'm prepared. It can't be a repetition of my preparations and briefing in camp Peary, for I'm a born Russian and my future mission will take place in the US no doubt. The encouraging thought flashed in Alex's mind.

'My name is Alexei Garin, I was born in Kazan twenty three years ago,' Alex started to recite his cover story as was instructed to him by Alina; and as he learned in the three weeks, which he spent with Alina in Kazan. It covered his alleged hospital Kazan medical center where he was born, his parents home, childhood, schools, Kazan Moscow state university branch, his BA title of Journalism and politics; how he became a member of Russia's external intelligence service was irrelevant of course. The full history of his brand new life story took quite a while, and at its end Kolya looked at his wrist watch and suggested to take a lunch break.

In the company of his new assigned guide Alex did not have to turn around, and watch the little green lamp blinking above his suite's door.

After a light and rather quick lunch they did not return to the suite, but took one elevators near the floor dining hall and  descended to the ground floor; from there Kolya led him to the northern wing and they took an elevator up to the top floor, where Alex had his show trial three weeks earlier.

It must the floor of the big shots' offices. Alex concluded while they reached the open door of an office not far from the elevators side corridor.

A group of seven men with grim faces sat there watching them as they entered. They were in their late forties or even older most of them, the department's staff and its director.

So these are my direct superiors and the older one in their midst must be the boss, well it looks as if I'm about to be sent somewhere. He thought with hope the loss of Alina's company made him wish to move, fly away anywhere.

'How is he Kolya?' The one that sat in the middle asked, cutting the short and tensed silence as Alex and his guide sat down before the broad desk with the department's staff.

'He's well trained sir and ready.'

The department director nodded his head slightly, expressing his satisfaction and turned to Alex:

'Introduce yourself in a few words, just as you would have done it while meeting a stranger abroad.'

'Oh hello my name is Alex, nice to meet you.'

'Well done Alexei.'  A shade of a smile appeared on the boss face, while his subordinates watched Alexei with stern faces.

'See to tie up all the loose ends up to his date of departure Kolya, and good luck to you Alexei.'

© Haim Kadman Nov. 2015 �" all rights reserved.

The 18 thrillers and novels that I've already published are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or may purchase my ebooks for a ridiculous price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

631 Views
Added on November 7, 2015
Last Updated on November 7, 2015
Tags: #suspense, # thriller, #action, #espionae, #adventure, #mystery, #conspirace, #trea#suspense, #treas

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman