A situation assessment

A situation assessment

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Summer tempest is my fourth book, a novel/thriller, which relates the troublesome era in Israel at the beginning of the current century.

"

A situation assessment

Summer Tempest

An excerpt

 

While the relationship between Nehama and Yoske passed a considerable improvement, the general security situation of the state of Israel has considerably worsened;

Since the return of the Prime Minister from Camp David at the month of July 2000, after he offered the P.L.O. exceptional concessions, which they refused to accept; and after the head of the opposition visited Mount Temple, that the Palestinians considered it as a provocation they used it as a pretext to start a series of riots, which they have termed as 'Intifada' (upheaval). A term that our media had regretfully adapted and did not stop broadcasting detailed reports of the terror attacks, and the names, the biographies of the perpetrators who sacrificed their lives as suicide bombers; a fact that has aggravated very much the delicate situation, and encouraged additional terror activity, while no responsible person in the security establishment has given a thought to it.

This by the way was Yoske's conclusion, although there was always the possibility that detailed data concerning the names of suicide bombers and the videos that were shown on behalf of the various terror organization in the TV channels, served the defense establishment as a hidden spin, in order to deteriorate the security situation and crush the Palestinians at the right opportunity. Or maybe the purpose was to send to exile once again that group of terrorists who came from Tunisia after the Oslo Accord was signed. This group of opportunists got used to live on the account of others, and dealt with extortion, murder and terror; a group of incompetent individuals that wasn't able to raise a responsible leadership from their members.

The situation kept deteriorating despite the pathetic attempts of the Government and of foreign third sides to stop the bloodshed and reach mutual understanding between the fighting parties.

The public state of mind has changed from one end to another, even those who were not ready yet to admit their error of judgment publically opened up their eyes, and started to see things as they are and understand how critical the situation was.

The Government fell, new elections were held and a right wing Government was established but the wave of terror has increased and intensified from day to day. Curfews and searches were carried out, terrorists were arrested, and the West Bank major cities were conquered, despite the threats of the P.L.O. leaders claiming that their cities would turn into their enemies' graveyards.

These empty threats might have encouraged somewhat the local Palestinian population in the West Bank cities, up to the conquest which they had to bear. Nevertheless the terror was not stopped totally yet, and innocent citizens were still threatened and hit by it.

Thus the improvement of Nehama and Yoske relationship must have been due to the understanding that Nehama showed to her husband's opinions about the general situation, and due to the supposedly deterioration in his state of health too; apart from it the conversation of their different clients that reached her ears, as well as the changing of opinion of their acquaintances, had a considerable influence on her.

There was no possibility to ignore the horrendous sights every evening on the TV screen, and keep terming the terror victims as "the peace sacrifices". The public was terribly frustrated and its rage can be termed as the fury that has buried that hallucinating utopia of peace, which can't be achieved

© Haim Kadman 2007 �" all rights reserved..

The 18 thrillers and novels that I've already published, are available to read with Kindle Unlimited program in the U.S, U.K., Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Brazil, Mexico and Canada; and with the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library (KOLL) in the U.S, U.K., Germany, France, and Japan; or may purchase my ebooks for a ridiculous price.

www.amazon.com/Haim-Kadman/e/B009Z7XL8C

© 2015 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

738 Views
Added on September 23, 2015
Last Updated on September 23, 2015
Tags: #suspense, # thriller, # intelligence, #action, #espionae, #adventure, #mystery, #conspirace, #treason

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman