Betrayal

Betrayal

A Story by Hitman
"

This is a short story about a wrongful deed that needed to be done.

"

Betrayal:

This is a sinister story about ruining a life to make her see she is better off without her man. 

It all started when a Army Reserve unit was training for deployment for Iraq back in 2005.  As the platoon sergeant I was in charge of making sure all my troops were both physically and mentally ready for the upcoming deployment.   


Having been deployed before I knew how hard it was on both the troops and the families left at home.  I knew that there would be several Dear John and Dear Jane letters, so when I heard this young specialist already fighting with her fiancé, after only being gone for a month and a half, I knew there would be trouble. 

 

I continued to monitor the situation for nearly 6 months of our 1 year deployment.  I was her friend, I spent many nights holding her and letting her cry on my shoulder after she would call home.

With the time I spent with her, I started to find myself getting closer and closer to her until I felt I might have fallen for her a little bit. 


Being deployed makes it hard on everyone, but it also makes it easier to split a couple up. 

Knowing from the conversations she had with me, and how her fiancé was acting I was convinced he was not being faithful to her.  He had spent all the money she had made and leaving her emotionally destroyed.


I needed this specialist head fully in the game.  If she was worried about everything her fiancé was doing it might get her or someone else on the team killed.  I just couldn’t have that happen to anyone.

At that time I knew what I needed to do.


I needed to get her fiancé out of the picture so she could move on and concentrate on the mission at hand.


That night with the help of one of the other females in my section we wrote an email to the specialist fiancé:


Fiancé, “I know what your game is, and if you do not come clean I will do everything in my power to make sure your life was a living hell.  You need to tell your fiancé the truth, you need to tell her about your other girlfriend”


The plan worked, he admitted he had another girlfriend. 


This had a devastating effect on her. 


She quickly recovered.  And with my advice she changed her bank accounts, didn’t allow him access to anymore of her hard earned money.


I remained her friend for a little while after that, but soon she found out I might have been involved and stopped talking to me.  We have not spoken since the ninth month of the deployment.


We would return home without a loss of any of my troops.


My friend would move on in life and do well for herself.   I am not sure if she ever meet another man or ever trusted men again.


I occasionally will look her up on Facebook or twitter and say hi, but I never get a response back. Most of the time I find I am block. 


Although it has saddened me at the loss of my friend, I feel that she is better off today then she would have ever been with her fiancé. 


She may never know why I took great steps to make sure she would not be getting hurt by this man she loved. 

I look back on it now and I always wonder if what I did was right.  I wonder if she will ever forgive me. 


The moral of this story is, sometimes you have to get involved to stop the hurting of someone you cherish, and even if that means that the person you cherish will hate you for life.  Had I not stepped in, she might have married a guy that would have been a cheater, a manipulator, and verbally abusive. 


I wish to tell her if she ever stumbles upon this story that I hope she has realized that she is better off without him, and I hope she is better off than before.

 

                           The Hitman 0069              Portland Or

© 2012 Hitman


Author's Note

Hitman
I may come back and write more in this story as more memories of this event are recalled

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That is very nice of you to be their for your friend, from someone who was in the marine corp I can understand.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hitman

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your service

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
1 Review
Added on December 9, 2012
Last Updated on December 10, 2012
Tags: Love, sad, betrayal

Author

Hitman
Hitman

Portland, OR



About
I am a professional at destroying relationships more..

Writing
The Longest day The Longest day

A Chapter by Hitman


Why Me? Why Me?

A Poem by Hitman