The Feud Never Ends

The Feud Never Ends

A Story by Plagued Monumentally
"

Flashback story

"
The Feud Never Ends

Sarah Sanchezz stood at the far end of the crowd of people. The women with no fixed shape in those black gowns- and the men, the black coloring of their hats shadowed their face so nobody would see them crying.

There was a girl that stood near the front, and Sarah knew by memory that the little girl was her former best friends daughter. Short blonde hair that was messy from her mothers dress, and sad blue eyes that children weep with. Sarah knew that the little girl didn’t understand, and that’s why she keeps looking around her surroundings, trying to find some answers to her naivete questions.
The open casket was laying were surrounded by people that Sarah mostly recognized. Her mother, who stood with elegance and grace, and her father, who’s face was cold as stone. Friends gathered around the left side, their faces pink and swollen from the lack of sleep, and the depression they all feel.
Unfortunately, all but one wasn’t feeling the mutual feeling of depression. All but one was feeling refreshed and loss of revenge from their finished work.


Thick liquid trailed down her palm, to her wrist, and down her forearm. Although the liquid was actually blood, the darkness made it appear like something else. With grunts and screams from both Sarah and Brindy, the cave echoed them just as if there were more than two people in there.
There was nothing more Sarah hated than people who cheated. Brindy, as beautiful as she was, turned into another one of Sarah’s enemies. To her ‘enemies’ was such an understatement. The apathetic and revengeful feelings Sarah felt towards Brindy when she cheated on her husband were so high that she referred to Brindy dead to her.
When she washed her hands and disposed of the body in the lower level of the cave, she went to the supermarket to get items for supper. Her husband, Colin Sanchezz, would return from work at 5PM precisely. When he came through the door, he expected food on the table and a fresh cup of Scotch.
Sarah ran her hand over the bread, and she smelled the aroma of baking, but she wasn’t sure what the smell was. She picked up french bread and ingredients to make lasagna and retreated to the till to pay.


The pot bubbled and spitted with boiling water. She could feel the angry screams the pot made when it was heated, much like the reminder of the screams in the cave. Sarah watched the oven and saw the garlic bread sizzle and bake with only 4 minutes on the timer remaining. She wondered how long it would take for the bread to burn completely.

Sarah averted her gaze to the oval clock with pictures of scorpions and lions around the boarder. It was nearing 5:30 before Sarah heard the opening of the door. Colin strolled in the door with a innocent smirk on his face as he walked up and kissed Sarah lightly on the cheek.

“I thought I said I wanted dinner read when I got home. And where is my Scotch?” warned Colin coldly.
“And I thought you said you were going to be home at five,” Sarah retorted.
Colin grunted and strolled passed Sarah and into the bedroom, removing his work clothes and changing into something comfortable.
Sarah got the china glass cup out of the cabinet and poured half of the glass up with Scotch. Instead of instantly putting on the table, she poured colorless liquid into the glass, making it bubble a little bit. It was after she poured the liquid in when she put it on the table. “Hun, your scotch is ready.”


Instead of standing where Sarah should be, she wanted to stay away from the crowd. When the priest came up to Sarah, her thoughts were somewhere else entirely. “Mrs. Sanchezz, would you like to say a few words about your husband?”
Sarah disguised her intimidating smirk with a light smile. “Of course.” She turned to the crowd, all of their heads still hung low. “My husband was a very generous man. I gave him whatever he wanted, but I guess it didn’t turn out very well.”


There was a hard knock on the front of Sarah’s door, when she answered, two police men were standing there. Cuffs wrapped around their finger and a hard look on their face. “Are you Sarah Marie Sanchezz?”
“That would be me.”
“You are under arrest.”
“For what?”
“First degree murder.”

Sarah decided to bite her tongue and not ask which one they caught her for. Whether it was for Brindy Shaw or her husband.

“You are under arrest for the intentional murder of Brindy Shaw.”

Perfect. Just what she expected. Colin may be guilty of adultery, but he would turn over in his grave if he found out Sarah didn’t face the justice of murdering him.

Brindy Shaw was always loyal to Sarah’s needs.

© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

freaky in a good way sorry its been so long since the rr i keep forgeting i have about 195 rrs at the minute

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is creepy, and mysterious. When I first looked, I thought it would feel like a long read, but I got so wrapped up in it that when I stopped reading it was like awakening from a dream. Amazing story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'll comment as soon as I unravel from the twists.
Your first paragraph was very well written. It sets the rest of the story up.
It's difficult to write a complex story line in such a short framework. But your use of descriptors was excellent.
Great show work on Sarah, her demeanor, personality.
Besides any buffoon who drinks his scotch out of a cup deserves a little poison....
Good stuff.

Posted 12 Years Ago


reading this brought me to the movie 'the uninvited'...

Posted 12 Years Ago


You brought me into the story with great description of a funeral. I like the house scene and the surprise ending. No weakness in this story. You brought me in with a powerful tale and held me to the last word. A excellent story.

Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Mirror mirror on the wall who is the wickedest of them all. ' It is you my lord, for keeping me in a mirror and not living in life.' A poem with blades.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I completely love this story. Sarah is one jealous wreck if you think about it but cheating isn't the perfect act either. There are consequences along with that.

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was amazing. I clinged on to every word as I read it. Sarah was a very great main character. Excellent job writing this!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

377 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 11, 2011
Last Updated on November 11, 2011

Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..