The House at the corner of the Street. Part 1

The House at the corner of the Street. Part 1

A Story by Michael Cruce

The House at the corner of the Street. Part 1


Adam Benson, and his friends Joe Blalock, Amanda Lowe, Bob Hathling, and Rachel Alexander, are employee's at Mercy Cinemas Hashtown 12, in  Hashtown, New York. The theater has  12 screens, with a concession Stand in the middle of the Lobby where people can purchase  snacks, drinks and so on.  The Stand also has at least 8 cash registers, with candy right next to the registers. The stand also has 4 popcorn makers behind it. It is also one of the oldest Theaters in New York, built in 1935. The only way people would know its old, is the outside. They recently had a huge renovation that involved replacing seats, screens, and projectors in the theater., as well repainting the whole theater on the inside from top to bottom. The workers told the theater they would not do anything on the outside, because it would harm the theaters history.  They even turned one of their screens into an IMAX screen. It was difficult for the workers to that because, they basically had to tear down that part of the building and rebuilt it, because the auditorium was small, just like the rest of the auditoriums in the theater.  The new IMAX theater will attract more people, because this is like the only one in miles, and this will help people to not go so far.

Because within the past few years people would drive an hour to get to the nearest one, now people can save up money and gas, whenever they see a movie at Mercy.  The IMAX is also 3D compatible. The inside of the theater is very cleaned, and nicely decorated. with posters hang in the lobby about upcoming movies,  with a little arcade near  the restrooms on the left side of the Lobby toward Auditorium's 1,  2, and 3.    Luckily for Adam today will be a easy day for him because he is scheduled to work with his friends today. " Yeah I'm on my way to work Rachel, i'm in the car now. I know I'm running a little late, tell Mr. Dale "  that i'll be there in a few. Adam said to Rachel over the phone. Rachel said " Hurry up Adam there's this new movie coming  out about the house on the corner of St. August Street." said Rachel  to Adam over the phone.   Adam said to Rachel " What that old dump? I thought the city of Hashtown was going to demolish that. I mean its abandoned isn't it?" Adam said to Rachel over the phone.

Rachel replied saying " Well yes but they can't demolish it without permission, its on the National Register of Historic places. Adam said  to Rachel , "What is the name of the movie?"  Rachel replied back and said "  Its called The St August Street murders. Its based on a true story, and it took place in this city in the 1970's. Ugh if its about ghosts I don't wanna see it I'm skeptic. Anyway, I'll be there in a few. I'm on Sasha Street right now." "I gotta see the new theater look anyway. I heard they were done renovating it As of last week right?" asked Adam. " Yes if that wasn't true I wouldn't be calling you to tell you to hurry up. This was suppose to be a short call, but you made it longer then that." Rachel said  " I'm sorry I'm too talkative. The theater I worked at for a few months was nasty, and I'm glad to be  heading back at Mercy Cinemas Hashtown 12. Did Mr. Dale ever say why we had to switch theaters for a while?"  Adam asked Rachel over the phone.

Rachel then  replied back  and said,  "He said that it was a Health Code Violation, he was worried that the smell of  One-Coat Paint, and Latex Paint,  would get people sick, and he was worried that the constant sounds of hammers pounding, and the sound of people drilling, and machines going would loose business, so thats why he closed the theater down,  for a few months,  and had us go to other theaters. It was a long drive for all of us, but it was either that, or  a few months off with no pay."

"Oh I see okay I'm pulling into the parking lot now, see you in a minute." Adam said to Rachel over the phone before he said bye and hung up.

Adam got out of the car,  and started to walk to the entrance he was shocked by the amount of cars he saw in the parking lot.  He was then greeted by   his co-workers/friends Mr. Joe Blalock a supervisor at Mercy Cinema's  Hashtown 12, and a friend of Adam.  Mr. Don Dale the General Manager at Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12 Patricia Davis a Manager at Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12, and Amanda Lowe, a crew member, and a friend of Adam at Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12. " Uh- Oh" Adam said in his mind "Hey Mr Benson!" Yelled Mr. Dale . "Why are you late?" Adam replied back "I'm so sorry I slept in." "Excuse's Excuses!" said Mr. Dale. "Ha I'm kidding. Just  don't let it happen again. I know its your first time back. that's why I'm letting you get away with it."

Mr. Dale  said  " Patricia said.  " When you go in to clock in make sure you take a quick survey, on the new looks of the theater. "It will be on the computer, just go to the DeskTop, and click on Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12 survey's, it should take you 5 minutes, we hope you like the new looks! Patricia said to Adam."  " Hey man make sure you do it quick The 1st showing of  The St August Street murders, will be letting out soon, and we all gotta clean the theater together, because it was packed. Whole theater was filled. There are also 5 theaters that the movie is playing in. I had to combine, The New spider-man movie, and The St August street murders   into the IMAX."

" Okay I'll keep all that in mind thank you." Adam said to Patricia and Joe.

So Adam goes into the theater does greets his other co workers, and then does the Survey, and then signs in, then grabs  a walkie talkie from  underneath  the computer, then heads to Theater 4 where the first showing of The St August Street Murders is breaking. While people were leaving he was hearing on how much the movie scared them, and why it happened in this peaceful city of HashTown, back in the day.  He decided to ask a lady about the movie, and she told him  that the movie was based off a murderous cult, that seemed  very happy, and how the cult wore white robs, and that they believed that each murder they did would improve their chances into getting into paradise above the moon.  She also told Adam, that the cult had about 60 members and they would meet, and pray before each murder, out in the front yard. They killed and sacrificed at least 140 people before the police found remains of the victims, with their insides taken out, what shocked the police the most, is the victims had smiles on their faces.

The members of the cult on their beds had their eyes open, with blood in their eyes, and the members were smiling when they died.  To this day the house the killings took place sits abandoned, and the house can not be accessed by the public. She also told Adam, that the house is haunted, and sometimes late at night you can hear them chanting, and praying, to their leader.  There has been reports that while passing the house, sometimes they would see somebody looking out the window smiling at them, and waving with blood dripping from their eyes. Sometimes people would break in and never come out too.  Adam looked at her crazy and said thank you have a nice day, and Adam started to clean the  theater  with his coworkers and friends.

End of Part 1

© 2014 Michael Cruce


Author's Note

Michael Cruce
Ignore any grammer problems for this story please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Micheal --- I did my best to grasp the story line...with the grammar problems and all...seems this is going to lead somewhere...but for now --- you do not leave us with much to go by...as the audience...you do put forth a bit in the beginning --- but not much more than that...I do my best to give a over-all review of a write...so with that...I will enclose in the bottom an edited version of your work --- so you have reference later to changes and things needed to be put in your work:

Adam Benson, and his friends: Joe Blalock, Amanda Lowe, Bob Hathling, and Rachel Alexander, are employees at Mercy Cinemas Hashtown 12, in Hashtown, New York. The theater has 12 screens, with a concession stand in the middle of the lobby, where people can purchase snacks, drinks and so on. The stand also has at least 8 cash registers, with candy right next to the registers. The stand also has 4 popcorn makers behind it. It is also one of the oldest theaters in New York, built in 1935. The only way people would know its old, is the outside. They recently had a huge renovation that involved replacing seats, screens, and projectors in the theater, as well repainting the whole theater on the inside from top to bottom. The workers told the theater, they would not do anything on the outside, because it would harm the theaters history. They even turned one of their screens into an IMAX screen. It was difficult for the workers to that because, they basically had to tear down that part of the building and rebuilt it, because the auditorium was small, just like the rest of the auditoriums in the theater. The new IMAX Theater will attract more people, because this is like the only one in miles, and this will help people to not go so far.

Because within the past few years’ people would drive an hour to get to the nearest one, now people can save up money and gas, whenever they see a movie at Mercy. The IMAX is also 3D compatible. The inside of the theater is very cleaned, and nicely decorated. With posters hanging in the lobby about upcoming movies, with a little arcade near the restrooms on the left side of the lobby toward Auditorium's 1, 2, and 3. Luckily for Adam, today will be an easy day for him, because he is scheduled to work with his friends today. “Yeah, I'm on my way to work Rachel, I’m in the car now. I know I'm running a little late, tell Mr. Dale that I’ll be there in a few.” Adam said to Rachel over the phone. Rachel said, “Hurry up Adam, there's this new movie coming out about the house on the corner of St. August Street." said Rachel to Adam over the phone. Adam said to Rachel, “What, that old dump? I thought the city of Hashtown was going to demolish that. I mean its abandoned isn't it?" Adam said to Rachel over the phone.

Rachel replied saying, “Well, yes, but they can't demolish it without permission, it’s on the National Register of Historic Places.” Adam said to Rachel, "What is the name of the movie?" Rachel replied back and said “It’s called The St August Street Murders. It’s based on a true story, and it took place in this city in the 1970's.” “Ugh, if it’s about ghosts, I don't wanna see it I'm skeptic. Anyway, I'll be there in a few. I'm on Sasha Street right, now. I gotta see the new theater look anyway. I heard they were done renovating it as of last week right?" asked Adam. “Yes if that wasn't true I wouldn't be calling you to tell you to hurry up. This was supposed to be a short call, but you made it longer than that." Rachel said, “I’m sorry I'm too talkative. The theater I worked at for a few months was nasty, and I'm glad to be heading back at Mercy Cinemas Hashtown 12. Did Mr. Dale ever say why we had to switch theaters for a while?" Adam asked Rachel over the phone.

Rachel then replied back and said, “He said that it was a Health Code Violation, he was worried that the smell of One-Coat Paint and Latex Paint, would get people sick, and he was worried that the constant sounds of hammers pounding, and the sound of people drilling, and machines going would lose business, so that’s why he closed the theater down, for a few months, and had us go to other theaters. It was a long drive for all of us, but it was either that, or a few months off with no pay."

"Oh, I see, okay, I'm pulling into the parking lot now, see you in a minute." Adam said to Rachel over the phone, before he said bye and hung up.

Adam got out of the car, and started to walk to the entrance, he was shocked by the amount of cars, he saw in the parking lot. He was then greeted by his co-workers/friends, Mr. Joe Blalock, a supervisor at Mercy Cinema’s Hashtown 12, and a friend of Adam. Mr. Don Dale, the General Manager at Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12, Patricia Davis, a Manager at Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12, and Amanda Lowe, a crew member, and a friend of Adam at Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12. “Uh- Oh" Adam said in his mind "Hey, Mr. Benson!" Yelled Mr. Dale. "Why are you late?" Adam replied back "I'm so sorry, I slept in." "Excuse's, Excuses!" said Mr. Dale. "Ha, I'm kidding. Just don’t let it happen again. I know it’s your first time back. That’s why I'm letting you get away with it."

Mr. Dale said, “Patricia said, when you go in to clock in, make sure you take a quick survey, on the new looks of the theater. It will be on the computer, just go to the Desktop, and click on Mercy Cinema's Hashtown 12 survey's, it should take you 5 minutes, we hope you like the new looks!” Patricia said to Adam. “Hey, man make sure you do it quick, the 1st showing of The St August Street Murders, will be letting out soon, and we all gotta clean the theater together, because it was packed. Whole theater was filled. There are also 5 theaters that the movie is playing in. I had to combine, the new Spider-Man movie, and The St August Street Murders into the IMAX."

“Okay, I'll keep all that in mind, thank you." Adam said to Patricia and Joe.

So Adam goes into the theater, does greets with his other coworkers, and then does the Survey, and then signs in, then grabs a walkie talkie from underneath the computer, then heads to Theater 4, where the first showing of The St August Street Murders is breaking. While people were leaving, he was hearing on how much the movie scared them, and why it happened in this peaceful city of HashTown, back in the day. He decided to ask a lady about the movie, and she told him that the movie was based off a murderous cult, that seemed very happy, and how the cult wore white robs, and that they believed that each murder they did would improve their chances into getting into paradise above the moon. She also told Adam, that the cult had about 60 members and they would meet, and pray before each murder, out in the front yard. They killed and sacrificed at least 140 people, before the police found remains of the victims, with their insides taken out, what shocked the police the most, is the victims had smiles on their faces.

The members of the cult on their beds had their eyes open, with blood in their eyes, and the members were smiling, when they died. To this day the house the killings took place sits abandoned, and the house cannot be accessed by the public. She also told Adam, that the house is haunted, and sometimes late at night you can hear them chanting, and praying, to their leader. There has been reports that while passing the house, sometimes they would see somebody looking out the window smiling at them, and waving with blood dripping from their eyes. Sometimes, people would break in and never come out too. Adam looked at her crazy and said thank you have a nice day, and Adam started to clean the theater with his coworkers and friends.

---

I would read over this yourself again...and take what you may...as for this first part...seems it's missing --- some grab you attention type feel for the reader...but that may change in the latter parts of this narrative...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on September 1, 2014
Last Updated on September 1, 2014