A Face

A Face

A Story by hebron14
"

A boy eager for Halloween has problems when something ruins his and his friends expierence.

"

A Face

 

1Today is Halloween. Halloween is literally my favorite holiday. I love Halloween more than I do my birthday. That’s how much I love Halloween so when it’s Halloween I like to go all out. I decided to be my favorite movie character. My costume was awesome. Usually I go trick or treating with 3 of my friends. So they came to my house to pick me up. I decided to give them a little scare.

“KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK. Andrew are you home?” said one of my friends named Derek. They try opening my front door.

“Whoa, his door is open. Should we go inside?” said Will.

“I don’t know about you but I’m going inside.” said Keith. “Stop being babies and come inside”.

“Alright,” said Will. “Let’s go.”

They crept inside my dark house looking for any sign of me. I knew this was my moment to scare the crap out of them. So I shouted at the top of my lungs.

“BOOOO,” I yelled at the top of my lungs.

“Aaahhh,” all three of my friends screamed in fear.

“Holy Crap Andrew you scared the life out of me,” Derek said

“Ha,” I laughed as I saw the terror that caused them in their eyes. “You shouldn’t have entered my house without my permission.”

“Yeah but you didn’t have to scare us like that.” Keith said

“I don’t care, that was very hilarious,” I said. “Alright, let’s go trick or treating, now.” 2As we were about to leave the lights started to flicker in the house.

“Andrew, you can’t scare us again,” Will exclaimed.

“I do admit it was hilarious when I scared you earlier, but I swear I’m not trying to scare you now,” I said.

“So then why are the lights flickering,” Derek exclaimed

“I don’t know but let’s go check in the basement,” I told them.

They agreed to tag along to the basement with me. As we were almost at the bottom of the stairs the lights stopped flickering.

“Finally,” we all exclaimed. Then the lights completely shut off.

“We are so-”. I said. Then we heard something upstairs slam the basement door and we heard them or it lock the door.

“-screwed,” I finished off. We ran upstairs and banged on the door screaming for help.  We heard several times the doorbell ring probably from trick or treaters desperate for candy. We yelled loudly trying to get their attention but I guess we weren’t loud enough. I turned on my phone flashlight so we can see a little better.

“When is your mom and sister coming back from trick or treating.” Keith said. “We better get out of here before there is no more candy. And if it is you that is causing me to miss-”.

“You know Halloween is my favorite holiday.” I said to him. “Why would I do anything to jeopardize that”?

We started to argue more about that until we heard a CLANG AND A CRASH down in the basement.

“Holy Crap. What was that”, Will said as you can hear the terror in his voice.

“I do not but I am not sticking around to figure it out.” said Derek.

“You guys are such babies. Andrew and I are going to go check it out. Right Andrew?” Keith said with confidence.

“Uhhhh sure” I said. I wasn’t really sure. I really didn’t want to go down there. But I didn’t want to seem like a wimp. The two of us walked down the stairs anticipating something to happen.  We were down when I felt Keith tap my shoulder.

“Keith”, I calmly said

“Yeah”, Keith said.

“Can you stop tapping my shoulder?”

3“I’m not tapping your shoulder. Wait, how can I be tapping your shoulder if I’m in front of you”?

I stopped in fear of what was going to happen in the next few minutes. I slowly turned around to feel a very hot breath breathing on my neck. At that moment I was trembling so hard that eventually I couldn’t feel myself trembling.

I took my phone slowly pointing my flashlight up only to see a face. A horribly scary face.  A terrifying, petrifying, hair-raisingspine-chilling, blood-curdling face.  A face you only see in your worst nightmares. I don’t even think I can call this thing a person but just an it. 4It raised its arms and put its freezing hands on my face. I wanted to yell but nothing came out. I tried to get out of its force but it was squeezing my face so hard. It was going to shatter my skull. I was crying on the inside and fighting on the outside trying to escape. Then I just couldn’t breathe anymore and I felt like I was going to pass out and then I did.

5I woke up screaming on my bed but then realizing that my previous journey was just a horrible nightmare. My mom came running in my room trying to figure out what was wrong.

“Andrew, Andrew what’s wrong?” my mom yelled.

“I had a horrible nightmare,” I said still in shock.

“Are you fine now?”

“Yeah, can you just turn on the lights? I don’t think I can take the dark anymore”

“Sure”

She turned on the lights and I saw her face. It was a horribly scary face.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2014 hebron14


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on November 3, 2014
Last Updated on November 3, 2014
Tags: Halloween, Horror, Face, trick, Treater

Author

hebron14
hebron14

Sayreville, NJ



About
Hi more..

Writing