Explore London with free museums in London

Explore London with free museums in London

A Story by hamnaabobaker
"

The trip in London will become an exceptional trip with the visit to museums in London. London is famous for various historical places and museums.

"

The trip in London will become an exceptional trip with the visit to museums in London. London is famous for various historical places and museums. Hence, you can have a nice trip while visiting free museums in LondonLet us have some details about the museums where you can avail free entry.


V&A; History and Cultural Museum


This museum is not only famous in London but also one of the popular museums of the world. This Museum was founded by Queen Victoria in the year 1899. Here you will get to see various types of applied arts around the world. This museum is of seven floors fully accustomed with almost 150 galleries. All the galleries are filled with exclusive types of furniture and textile and different types of dress materials. The galleries are also made available with exclusive collection of Italian Renaissance sculpture. Here we can also able to get a detail view of Ardabil Carpet which is one of the oldest floor coverings. The Jameel Gallery is also there within this museum where we will get an exclusive knowledge on Islamic Arts.


The Science Museum


Your London trip will become exclusive with the visit of the Science Museum. The Science Museum is a great place to learn more things about various scientific matters. This museum is available with present-day medicine, technology and science etc. Again, this is a special place where you and your children can gain more knowledge about the space area. The space gallery is available with exclusive space gallery. Exploring the space gallery is really special to have knowledge on space sciences. This space gallery is available with three meter high and with a weight of 600 kg Spacelab.


The British Museum


Being in London for having an exclusive trip and not visiting the British Museum, will never make your London complete. The British Museum is one of the oldest Museums and it is vast too. There are huge collections of various historic items. When you will enter, you will get the excellent visit to the mummies. Here we will get all the details of Rosetta stone age. This museum is a great collection of 5000 objects of 18th and 19th century. There is an exclusive exhibition where you will get all the detail regarding how diseases within the human were detected earlier and treated accordingly.


The Museum of London


There is another special museum within London, namely the Museum of London. This is another free museum where we can get exclusive collections of prehistoric objects. This is advisable to have details regarding various exhibitions and show times etc prior to enter to this museum.


The Natural History Museum


If you are very much interested about the history then you must be in search of some excellent museum like the Natural History Museum in London. You and your family will be very pleasant to see a collection of 70 million plants, animals and fossil. You will get full detail about various minerals. Here we will get excellent exhibitions of natural life galleries. The Natural History museum is famous for the show of Dinosaur. In the Earth Gallery you will find the exclusive details about the process that natural had shaped our planet.  


The National Gallery


The famous National Gallery in London inaugurated in the year 1824 with just an exhibition of 36 paintings. However, at present the National Gallery is the home of 2000 arts. Here we will be able to notice the excellent arts of the masters like Giotto, The Vinci, Piero and many more. There are many wings with different collections. The Sainsbury wing is available with the contemporary paintings. The west wing is decorated with Italian master piece of the Renaissance era. The north wing is famous with arts of seventeenth century. Here it can be said that a travellers needs to visit more than one visit to this museum.


These above are some exclusive museums which one can visit at free of cost. 

© 2014 hamnaabobaker


Author's Note

hamnaabobaker
The trip in London will become an exceptional trip with the visit to museums in London. London is famous for various historical places and museums.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I travel to England many times and enjoyed your insight on British tourism...

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on March 31, 2014
Last Updated on March 31, 2014
Tags: Travel, London, museums

Author

hamnaabobaker
hamnaabobaker

Honesdale, PA



About
Gary has been an author since age six when he wrote his first sentence, 'The man was on the ship' in Mrs. Dunn's first grade class at PS 105, Bronx NY in September 1973. By day, he currently resides .. more..

Writing