Summer is coming

Summer is coming

A Poem by Teddy Montoya
"

One ray of sun helped me write this

"

 

Today while sitting in traffic on the way to get our beautiful little girl I was hit by a ray of sun.

Flashbacks came flooding in reminding me of some many days we spent in it having fun.

Sitting next to you by a camp fire and seeing the flame glowing in your eyes.

They shinned so bright they blocked out the stars in the above skies.

Walking trails enjoying nature and holding your hand.

After a peaceful enjoyable day by my side is where you would stand.

Swimming in the pool and admiring the sun bouncing of your body with an intimate glow.

Looking into your eyes as we would float around the pool it felt like time was moving so slow.

Walking to the waterfront for the world beat you in your sun dress had my heart beating so fast

Thinking of these happy times remind me that we shared a lot of good times in the past.

This coming summer I know things will be different and a lot of things wont be the same.

As I think of the good times that are to be had and who I want to share them with I can only come up with one name.

© 2013 Teddy Montoya


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Dear Teddy

Welcome to Writers Café.

I have nothing to do with its administration. I just like reviewing others writing and the beauty of their thoughts.

And, albeit I am always balanced in my reviews, pointing out the good and the less so, I can state unequivocally I am impressed with your writing here.

What I think you manage to do here is turn poetry into prose or rather prose into poetry.

There are no obvious fixed set stanzas. Yet you rhyme.

Your sentences are long, unlike the likely, but thereby in their own way have greater impact as they deviate from the norm.

You take one single ray of sunshine and turn it into a skein of joyous memories.

So much poetry can be sad and reflective. It is so nice when, as you do here, you celebrate the beauty of life and (my take) your daughter's life.

Yet in the end you pose us all a question, which is unclear. Why do you ask it and what can you mean? Only you know. As readers we will all have our different views.

Only two answers:

1) Divorce and its consequence; or more likely

2) Children grow up so fast that nothing can ever remain the same.

I feel all writing should make us think. But above all it should allow us to see the world as the writer sees it and appreciate their view. If we know nothing of it we learn. If we do, we relate.

Thank you for sharing this accomplished piece.

Please write more.

With my encouragement and my kindest regards


James

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 20, 2013