A Tribute To My Students

A Tribute To My Students

A Story by sweetgreen
"

this is a piece of work which I made for the Seniors of 2010 during their JS Prom

"

Each of us has our little dreams, each of us hoped that one day we could earn on our own and be the person that we wanted. We journey, and out of nowhere we aspire and I believed that right at this moment, we are thinking of what lies ahead of us. Can we make it through the finish line or we will just be among those who will be left behind?

My batch mates, allow me to bring you to the future as we will see ourselves 10 years from now..... Definitely, this is my storyline. I am on the lead role and the star and you, all of you are just supporting actors and actresses.

Wednesday morning, January 8, 2020. I am making my daily routines of checking my e-mail inbox. One urgent message grabbed by attention, it reads.... SRCDS Alumni Homecoming: Batch 2010. ....... I belong here and I am one those..... I am top-calibre Engineer Jess Emil Dabalos, a licensed civil engineer based in California USA........ and still a bachelor. Hah.... for almost a decade my high school love life is still haunting me, my heart hasn’t moved on then. Would it be Ms. Jessa Fhel Bolando? Whom to my knowing is now an award winning dance sports instructor? Or would it be Ms. Jessle Sipalay, a flight stewardess of Philippine Airlines International flights? I totally plunge in the memories of my yesteryears, when a multiple beep from my cell phone distract my flow of thoughts. These are text messages from my fellow engineers asking for my confirmation on the said reunion: Engr. John Paul Revales, Engr. Michael John Abelita, Electrical Engineer Cyril Jopia, Industrial Engineer Concepcion Remo, Engr. Ana Lykka Plaza, Engr. Marc Lloyd Belarma, Civil Engineer Mar Vincent Gerongco and Engr. Mikko Nuñez.
I responded and gave my assurance of coming and do the favour of forwarding the same message. My hand runs through the pages of my phonebook and there I found my close friends: Super model turned PMAyer, Col. Kynjie Alivio, the sailor, Capt. Vergel Quirol, Physical Therapist Dr. Luis Philippe Berdin and the owner of the renowned Adlawan Pharmacy, Pharmacist Marc Carlo Adlawan  and some contact numbers of few of my former classmates in Fourth Year Diligence: well-known owner of chains and multiple outlets of Rulls Bakeshop, Louis Cañizar, world class fine arts designer Mary Flor Nathalie Pepito and Arjyquie Daniel Morales, Graphic Designer Jon Mathias Payud,  the seamen John Ray Parilla, Panphil Pitogo and Alex Algoso. Edelyn Capitan, now a certified medical technologist,  and physical therapist Adrian Hombrebueno.

Tuesday, January 28, 2020. I am packing my luggage ready to be home and on the way to the airport. While waiting for my flight, I sit down on the couch of the airport lobby. I can’t help but feel envious to the couple on the next seat, very sweet with each other munching their favourite chips. As I gave a second look, I found them to be so familiar........oh! It’s the basketball icon, NBA legend Socrates Nagel with his beloved wife Dr. Ross Jean Agbay. We made a short talk and found out that they are blessed with 10 children, whew! We exchange thoughts and there I learned how some of our batch mates made their way to success: Ms. Korina Latoza is now a psychologist, Cydric Longakit, an Occupational therapist and managing his special school, Hygiah Daffon turned journalist and anchored the primetime news telecast of GMA network, Lorraine Mae Obiso become a Geodetic Engineer and Angelo Brian Urot is now the prime coach of a PBA team and happily married to Dr. Hanah Joy Cabatingan- Urot.

The sudden call of the airport announcement stopped our conversation as we all heed our way to the plane. As we seated and started fastening our seatbelts, a familiar voice rang throughout the plane:

“ you are travelling with our pilot, Capt. Vincent Jasper Willemsen and co- pilots, Capt. Brylle Vincent Lomongo and Capt. Ameril Sinal. Feel comfortable with our accommodating flight attendants on duty: Ms. Bianca Buenalyn Conde, Ms. Michelle Trimidal, Ms. Jessa Mae Ocariza and yours truly : Ms. Jessle Sipalay.”

My heart pound faster, I am catching up my breath...... Is this a sign, O God? She passes by, our eyes met and that’s all I could remember, the next thing I know I found out that we are already walking our way out to the airport, .....holding hands.

We exchanged experiences, she told me few about our batch mates: Jose Dante Pintor has turned out to be a graphic web designer, Engr. Gene Matthew Mangubat whom she has seen in one of his travels, graphic artist Kevin Ozarraga, Computer programmers: Carlo Martin Alcordo, Aldrietch Dakay, Renier Maglasang, Romel- Jem Garcia, June Rey Russel and Francisco Apuado who finally tied knot with Hotel Manager Junabel Ablaca, and Computer Engineers: Desire Loreto, Jerald Villaceran, Kenneth Francis Giangan, Ermalyn Boctot, Vincent D’gar Pilones and Joseph Asuncion who turned out to be the true love of my ex- Jessa Bolando and Engr. Sheena Joy Tabaranza turned Hollywood star.

I’ve learned that there were a few who settle down to married life: Atty. Ian Estremos with Nurse Georgie May Almacin, Medical Technologist Mark Cuyos to Architect Carmela Quiapo, Computer Engineer  Kynjie Pepito to Loraine Obiso and Public Accountant and Bank Manager Genevieve Sagarino is now Mrs. Willemsen.

Saturday, February 8, 2020. This is now the grand event, the Alumni homecoming of Batch 2010. Everyone crowd in the grand auditorium of SRCDS now University of San Roque. Everyone is in their best suit and elegant gown. We could hardly familiarize the faces, we indeed have changed and grown up.

I am there of course, with the love of my life, my fiancée, Jessle. Before the party has started we browse elbows with our fellow batchmates. On one table we saw the Roquenian CPA’s: Ms. Alyssa Ann Bacul, Mr. Kevin Arabis, still single and no plans of getting married, Ms. Eunice Amores, Ms. Ann Marie Gaviola, the still stunning and General Manager of BDO, Ms. Kimberly Mayol, Ms. Emmelene Pangilinan, Ms. Hanah Marie Mendiola and Ms. Mariane Ramiso.

It was indeed a great crowd. It was pleasing to see the men and women in whites, our batch mates who made a success in the field of Medicine: Dr. Mark Lester Estremos, Dr. Karl Lloyd Tausa, Dr. Eliazar Ramirez, Dr. Arlene Rabilas, a number of Medical Technologist: Ms. Loraine Yungco, Ms. Hazel Faith Jesalva, Ms.Ann Margarette Zamora, Physical Therapist Sharmaine May Cane, Mary Jzanelle Capacio Radio Technician, Kennard Dionson , REsperatory Therapist, Junelle May Benabaye and of course a line up of beautiful nurses: Krizzia Jane Cavalida, Karla Mae Lauron, Renalyn Quiros who is still looking for her true love, Kryztel Ann Pepito, and Valery Mae Pepito who was then married to international dance instructor, Fat Wilmar Castillion.

Among who joined the grand celebration are also the famous lawyers: Atty. Godwin Salomon, Atty. Heno Joshua Chung , the future husband of Fine Arts Designer Aya Hashimoto, the famous interior designer, Princess Willemsen whom the Seaman, Mark Albaciete has a crush on for a long time, Ms. April Caballero, Ms. Sheila Valleser, Architect Kate Ursal and Krizzelle Kaye Pitogo and famous draftsman Jeremy Vega.

Our table hopping has stopped when the emcee and the program coordinator announced the start of the ceremony. The hosts were definitely  the professors of the school, SPED and Montessori Directress, Ms. Danica Grace Manatad, Dean of Liberal Arts and Communication Arts Professor ,Professor Rashid Grado, Political Science Instructor Professor Norvem Pitogo, and the principal of the High School Department , Doctor of Education, Dr. Mary Ann Pepito. The famous Pediatrician turned politician Doctor and Honorable Mayor Kaye Earvin Villaester opened up with his great speech. Opening number was done by the former campus heartthrob now famous dance choreographer and fine arts designer- Gene Mari Diocampo,who was then married to famous Bayanihan Folk dancer,Janica Pabuaya, and a musical rendition from once band drummer to interior designer Mary Adrean De la Cruz, physical therapist Rachel Mendoza who still prefer to remain single, Med-tech Justine Mae Rondina who is engaged to Radio Technician Clifford Lao.

Dinner was served by the leading Asian chefs: Chef Benjam Cuizon, Chef Charles Philippe Ceniza, Chef Daphne Pitogo and a wonderful catering of a good number of  HRM: Ronald Batucan, Janno Mansueto, Janina Cal, Danah Ortizo and great sponsors from restaurant owners: Queen Narsico, Sonny Boy Jugalbot, Jason Maglasang and Gerlaine Libotlibot.

On my back, I saw the giggling business man and women: Ms. Gellie Wenceslao, Ladimeil Alforque on her beauty product line,Ms. Jessa Mae Capin, Business tycoon Daniel Liquido and renowned tourist guide Ms. Scarlet Fuentes.

Far behind, there are the hunky sailors and seamen: Paul Jade Banguiran, John Kriel Arquiza, Karl Shem Rigonan, John Riel Ponce, Arman Aranda and Harold Tumungha.

The night was indeed full of fun and reminiscing.  Everyone enjoyed however there were a few who were not able to make it in the party. Ms. Blair Ignacio because she has an international modelling appointment, Richmae Denzo , a folk dance choreographer,who has gave birth to her eldest, Chrytell Villamor who after all the thinking prefer to become a nun and wishing to follow in the congregation is Netta Montalba, Sigred Gulfan who is busy launching his Shakepearean sonnets.

That was the batch worth remembering. The batch with the great powerhouse cast.

Five years after, I got married, Jessle gave birth with the help our private obstetrician, Dr. Deby Calo, and now we are on the way to my son’s baptism: the officiating priest: Rev. Fr. Kevin Suson, parish priest, San Roque Parish, and of course the one and only ninong is the big time seaman, Capt Kevin William Reyes.

I know, my family and I will be living happily ever after. Thanks for these 137 people who have touch my life. I know we will forever remember the memories.

© 2011 sweetgreen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2554 Views
Added on March 3, 2011
Last Updated on March 3, 2011

Author

sweetgreen
sweetgreen

Cebu, VII, Philippines



About
Hello, I'm Green,an English teacher here in the Philippines. I love writing. It has been my passion. I love to share what I creatively write to others, hoping also that I could learn other techniques .. more..

Writing