Disney Land

Disney Land

A Chapter by Allyssa77

Chapter 1

One of the earliest memories I have goes all the way back to when I was around 4 years old, before my younger sister was even born. It was my first trip to Disney World, and it did not go exactly as my parents had planned it, but that’s what made it exciting.
I felt like I was on the top of the world. From my spot on my dad’s shoulders I could see everyone, and I felt like a princess. I looked straight ahead and I could watched as Donald Duck, playing the role of Snow White, walked around the stage and recited his lines. So far Disney World had been awesome, but this skit of Snow White with a mix of different Disney characters was the best part. I love Disney Land! I don’t ever want to go home. I could live here as a princess with Cinderella and Snow White and Jasmine!

“Look Allyssa! Donald Duck is going to eat the poison apple just like Snow White does in the movie,” my dad reminded me. Of course I already knew that was going to happen. I had watched the movie about a hundred times already!

“Yeah! And then the prince will come and save him by kissing him!” I giggled at the thought of two people kissing!

“What are you laughing at silly goose?” My dad reached his hand up and tickled me in the side. “Hey look! Here comes the evil witch Allyssa! She is coming to take you away!”
“No! She is watching Donald Duck eat the poison apple,” I said in a matter-of-fact way. I leaned forward and watched as Donald Duck took a bite of the poison apple and dropped to the ground.
“Uhhhhh!” the crowd gasped. The evil witch pivoted to face us and her black cape followed. She had an evil grin on her face and she pointed into the crowd.
“Hahaha! Donald is gone now! And you’re next!” My eyes welled up with water and tears spilled over and down my cheek. I was staring right at the pointy, yellow fingernail of the evil witch. She was pointing at ME! I am next! What? Why me? I didn’t do anything! Take someone else! I just want to be a princess! It felt like the whole world had stopped what they were doing and looked at me. I rapped my arms around my dads head and dug my face into his hair.
“Daddy! Please don’t let the evil witch poison me! Don’t let her get me! I want to be a princess,” I sobbed.
“Allyssa, what do you mean? She is not going to hurt you. It is okay. You are safe with me. It is just a play.” He lowered me from his shoulders and I felt small again, like the whole world was towering over me.
“Daddy, the evil witch pointed at me! She said that I am next!”
“No, Allyssa. She pointed at the person behind you. Don’t worry, you are safe.”
“No Daddy! It was me! Help!” He picked me up and carried me over to my away from the crowd and towards my mom.
“What is wrong Allyssa? Are you okay?” My mom patted me on the shoulder.
“The evil witch said that I am next! Don’t let the evil witch get me!”
“It is okay! It is just a play! Calm down honey. Look over there, here comes Snow White and the evil witch. They are friendly now.” She pointed to the entrance of the castle and out came the gorgeous Snow White, with the evil witch!
“Ahh!” I shrieked and hide behind my mom. Maybe she didn’t see me and doesn’t recognize me from the crowd. Yeah, I bet she doesn’t even remember me. Oh, wait. I was the tallest one there on my dad’s shoulders! No! I grabbed onto my mom’s leg and made myself completely invisible behind her. But the witch must have seen me because when I peeked out from behind her leg, the witch was walking towards us. Please go away. Please go away. Maybe this is all a dream and when I open my eyes we will be back in the hotel room. Slowly I opened my eyes, just in time to hear,
“Hello Snow White and Evil Witch!” my mom. “Allyssa, it is okay. Come on out and say hi.”
“Nooooo!” I started to sob even harder.
“It is okay little girl. I am really nice. They just make me be mean in the story. See, Snow White and I are best friends. Isn’t that right Snow White?” Then it was like an angel came down from heaven and had taken over Snow White. Her voice was beautiful and sweet, and I finally realized what a princess sounded like.
“Yes, we are really best friends, so if you would just come out, I could show you.” I slid around the side of my mom’s leg just enough for them to be able to see my face, but still kept a tight grip on my mom.
“That’s it. Look, if I was mean would I do this?” The evil witch turned and gave Snow White a big hug.
“Then why did you poison Donald Duck?” I whispered.
“Only because that is what they told me to do. It was not real, just fake. I would never poison anyone. Come here and give me a hug.” I inched around and let go of my mom’s pants. I looked at my mom, who smiled and nodded her head as if to say “Go ahead”, and walked toward the outstretched arms of the Evil Witch. Maybe she isn’t evil after all.
“There’s that big, beautiful smile!” said my mom. Yeah. YEAH!  I smiled even bigger and then went and sat next to Snow White for a picture.
Looking back I realize it was probably a little silly to freak out over a little thing like that, but that is what little kids do. And instead of telling me to get over it, my mom and dad helped me and told me it is okay. Over the years, they have been there for me, whenever I need them, and that is something that I realize has not changed, nor will it ever.


© 2012 Allyssa77


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on May 18, 2012
Last Updated on May 18, 2012


Author

Allyssa77
Allyssa77

Wyckoff, NJ



Writing
The Zoo Boo The Zoo Boo

A Chapter by Allyssa77


Lake Tomahawk Lake Tomahawk

A Chapter by Allyssa77





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5