Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth
"

"Pancakes And Human Anatomy"

"

Rosemary’s pregnancy was a happy one. Jasper treated her like a precious jewel (which she was to him), and he always told her that she was the queen ant, and he was the worker ant. All she had to do was give him a baby, and he would be her lifelong servant. Their marriage was simply getting the legal papers signed. Jasper felt horrible that he couldn’t give Rosemary a formal wedding, but Rosemary didn’t care. She thought that weddings were a waste of money and that they do the same thing as signing papers.

Once cloudy morning, Rosemary and Jasper woke up early to drive to Rosemary’s doctor for a check-up. The two were happy to find that everything was going as it should, and Jasper beamed at the news.

After the check-up, the two went home and relaxed in their bed together.

“I love you,” Jasper sweetly told her as he held her tight. She smiled and replied, “I love you, too, sweetheart.”

He nuzzled her cheek and smiled.

“Dearest love, how long has it been?” asked Jasper, wondering about her pregnancy. She replied, “Seven months.”

He grinned and said, “Oh, I can’t wait two more months. I’m so excited.”

“So am I, Jasper!” Rosemary replied happily.


The next morning, Jasper woke up to the smell of coffee. He got out of bed and walked into the kitchen, where Rosemary was making pancakes. He put his hands on her hips and asked, “Me love, what are you doing?”

“I’m making you breakfast to thank you.”

“Thank me for what?”

“For taking such good care of me.”

He kissed her cheek and replied sweetly, “But baby girl, that’s what husbands are for.”

“And wives are for making their husbands pancakes,” Rosemary said with a smile. Jasper giggled, then asked, “How’s the stomach, love?”

She burst into a grin and turned around to face him. She lifted her shirt over her stomach and said fondly, “Jasper, look.”

He looked down at her stomach, and tears sprang into his eyes when he saw a tiny hand pressing against the inside of Rosemary’s stomach. Jasper smiled, and he got down on his knees and put his hands on her waist. A single tear fell down Jasper’s cheek as he closed his eyes and gently pressed his nose to his baby’s hand.

“Oh Rosemary,” Jasper softly said. “I don’t believe this.”

He kissed the tiny hand and giggled while Rosemary smiled and gazed at her husband.

“You’re ready to get out of that nutshell, aren’t you?” Jasper cooed to his baby. Rosemary smiled and asked Jasper, “Isn’t it amazing?”

“Amazing is an understatement, dearest,” Jasper replied as he kissed the baby’s hand again.

“You’re such a sweet man, Jazzy Jazz,” Rosemary softly said, Jazzy Jazz being Rosemary’s new endearing nickname for Jasper. Jasper, with his index finger gently touching the index finger of his baby, said, “I’m just in awe about what a woman can do.”

Rosemary giggled, “What do you mean?”

“There’s a baby in there,” Jasper said as he pointed at her stomach. “There is literally a human being in there.”

He looked in her eyes and asked, “Can you believe it?”

Rosemary continued giggling as Jasper stood up and dramatically said, “I mean, that’s insane! Then, girls can take a human being and put it in this world. What! But that’s not all. Forget grocery stores. Girls can feed a human being, too! Is there anything a girl can’t do?”

Rosemary laughed, and Jasper collapsed on the couch and sighed, “God. I am married to a baby factory.”

Rosemary grinned and sat down with Jasper. He pressed his nose to her cheek and softly said, “And a girl can make her man very happy.”

She replied softly, “And her man can make her very happy.”

They pressed their noses together, and Jasper whispered, “A girl can make her man so, so happy when she lets her man press his lips to hers.”

“I don’t get it,” she lied with a smile. “Demonstrate.”

He kissed her for a few seconds, then she said, “You may have to do that again. I wasn’t looking.”

Jasper giggled, then happily kissed her again. Then, the two smelled something burning. Rosemary popped off the couch and ran into the kitchen. Jasper laughed and she cried, "Oh man! That was the last of my pancake batter."
"Don't worry about it, sweetheart," Jasper said with a smile. "I don't need breakfast. All I need is you."


© 2015 Hazel Hyacinth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on July 10, 2015
Last Updated on July 10, 2015


Author

Hazel Hyacinth
Hazel Hyacinth

Charleston, SC



About
Hello there! If you are checking this out, I know already that we'd get along. I am fourteen years old, but don't let my age fool you. I write constantly, and you can ask anybody about that. While I w.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth