Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth
"

"Happy Birthday"

"

Almost two long weeks went by, and Jasper and Rosemary fell deeper and deeper in love with each other every day. Jasper realized that Rosemary was becoming an obsession, and he teased that he needed to see a doctor over it. Rosemary wore her locket every day, and she loved to tell her friends what was in it. Then came Jasper’s twenty-second birthday, and Rosemary had the perfect birthday present for him.

On the day of Jasper’s birthday, Rosemary made him a special breakfast. He greatly enjoyed that, and after breakfast, Rosemary gave him his present. It was packaged in an envelope with a blue bow on it, and Jasper was confused about what it was. He opened the envelope, and a single piece of paper was folded inside it. He unfolded the paper, and in purple marker were the words: I’M PREGNANT! Jasper stared at the paper for a moment, and Rosemary watched him, grinning. A few silent moments later, Jasper burst into tears. He covered his mouth with one hand and let out sobs. He sat for a moment, sobbing, then he stood up and engulfed Rosemary in a hug. She began to cry, too, so they cried in each other’s arms.

“Jasper, you’re crying!” whimpered Rosemary. Jasper wailed, “Rosemary, I have never been so happy in me entire life!”

Both grinning, they pressed their noses together, and Rosemary softly whispered, “Happy birthday, Jasper.”

“And what a happy birthday it is,” he replied softly. They deeply kissed, then Jasper picked up a small black box and said, “I bought a present for meself. Well, the material part of it is for you, but it’s ultimately me present.”

“What?” asked Rosemary, confused. Jasper suddenly bent down on one knee in front of Rosemary, opened the black box, and asked passionately, “Will you marry me, me beautiful Rosemary Jones?”

Rosemary gasped and replied, “Oh Jasper, yes!”

He grinned gratefully and slipped the diamond ring on Rosemary’s fourth finger. He smiled up at her, then fell on his back and once again burst into sobs. Rosemary quickly fell to the ground and lay on top of him, and she too continued to cry. Jasper pressed her body to his and repeated the words, “I love you.”


© 2015 Hazel Hyacinth


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 10, 2015
Last Updated on July 10, 2015


Author

Hazel Hyacinth
Hazel Hyacinth

Charleston, SC



About
Hello there! If you are checking this out, I know already that we'd get along. I am fourteen years old, but don't let my age fool you. I write constantly, and you can ask anybody about that. While I w.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Hazel Hyacinth